Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Duel Kadrons - One Manifold runs COLD other NOT !
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dma1260
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Duel Kadrons - One Manifold runs COLD other NOT ! Reply with quote

Ok - got question . . I have 1700 engine with duel Kadrons (40/44's). I got 30mm Venturis in the carbs. I'm getting one Manifold that is VERY COLD to the touch (has serious condensation on it when engine is warmed up) and the other is NOT. My question is . . what does this mean ? is one running richer or leaner then the other ? Is the COLD one running better then the other ? I thought I synched these bad boys up, but I guess not ? ! Any suggestions and or Knowledge is appreciated ! THX !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWCOOL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does the car drive?
Robert Chambers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have metal or fiber gaskets between the head and manifolds? Are they the same on both sides? Metal will transfer heat from the head to the manifold better than fiber.
It could also be an intake manifold gasket leak causing misfire on one side. The misfire could result in a cold manifold because the cylinder or cylinders are not firing properly.
'63 OG 117
dma1260
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Manifold - Cold on one side. Reply with quote

It's not running great. Chokes at higher RPMS (hesitation) only at higher RPM's
in when under a load. I have fiber gaskets (not metal) on Manifolds (same on both sides). Shop took out engine to put in NEW "Freeway Flyer" transmission.

Ever since they put it all back in . . . I have a strange hesitation at the 3,000 + RPM's / under a load. I'm trying to figure out what is causing this . . is it a transmission issue ? or is it a gas / air delivery issue. One of the symptoms is this COLDER manifold on one side. I'm wondering if I have an accelerator pump issue in one of the carbs . . (not cold one) and this is creating the hesitation / unbalanced gas / air issue.

Open to all suggestions and knowledge. THX !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ghia Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this issue once. Let me ask, say if you apply throttle does the other one eventually heat up, or is it cold all the time? I had this issue once on my dells and for the life of me couldnt figure out what was up. It turned out that one of my throttle plates was miss aligned which never allowed one carb to fully close. I adjusted to idle with that issue which means the one that was closed never ran as it was getting little to no fuel or air to breathe. Its my idea that this is close to whats happening to you, which this could be due to a missaligned throttle plate or potentially the linkage. I would check that first and foremost. If neither is the issue then I would look at spark on that side etc etc. If not, they may not be synced properly.
This will likely change tomorrow to something else.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
earthquake
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switch the plug wires on the side that is cold.

Casey
05 SCION XB SERIES RELEASE 2[#437]
95 Chevy C3500 dually
98 Ford E150
Link to Kelly J. Nolte 3/20/53 - 11/6/08
https://time-zonelabs.blogspot.com/p/about-kelly.html
DEATH TO CHINGERS!
[From a military recruitment poster in the novel "The Stainless Steel Rat" By Harry Harrison]
djway3474
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the cold side the cylinders are not running. the time it happened to me the emulsifier tube was clogged. either no gas or spark on that side
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: