Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How much is my project worth if I sell it?
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oregon Bugaru
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: How much is my project worth if I sell it? Reply with quote

Times are kinda rough right now, and we are trying to raise more capital for a business we are starting.

Soooo, I am considering selling my project as is.... A project. Obviously it isn't worth much seeing how it is not finished at all. But I am wondering what kind of things i should consider when estimating the value to ask for if I were to part with it.

This is the thread that most all the updates have been posted to.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7155977&highlight=#7155977

I really don't want to part with my hobby, but I feel like it might help out my current situation. A lot has been done, but a lot more is needed.

What do you guys think?
Anthonyisawsome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id say we have about the same amount of progress done on our swaps. If I were to sell my car I don't think id get 1,500, maybe 2,000. I would never sell my car, ever tho.

1973 Subaru powered supabeetle
(o\ l /o) 1964 Baja bug roller
Oregon Bugaru
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: You got an orange bugaru too! Reply with quote

I was just checking out your build, nice work man! I am on the same page as never wanting to sell the project. I have been hanging onto it for quite a while. I want it to be done soooo bad! I might not end up selling it.

There is always the question too of "would you get more if you parted it out or sold it as whole" that needs to be asked.

I have so much time and money into it, being only a couple grand away from seeing it running it makes it really hard to decide to sell it for only a couple grand to help pay for some of the work on our tour bus.

But, every penny helps right now. Honestly, I'm torn. The thought came to me on the way home from work today so i thought i would bounce around the idea for a week or two and then make the decision.

Thanks for the reply though man! And good luck on the bugaru!
Anthonyisawsome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!!! I know what you mean, ive been working on mine for 3 years and im to the point where I just want to drive it. You don't look like your far from finishing yours either. What else needs to be done wiring and fuel system? You should stick with it and at least get it running to see how well you like it. If you decide to sell it you'll never know!

1973 Subaru powered supabeetle
(o\ l /o) 1964 Baja bug roller
Oregon Bugaru
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthonyisawsome wrote:
You don't look like your far from finishing yours either. What else needs to be done wiring and fuel system? You should stick with it and at least get it running to see how well you like.

To get it running i need to do the wiring, exhaust, and suspension / steering components. Then there is the interior and getting it up to par with something other than a botched liposuction.
ToughBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just on the market for a project bug and went to see several drivers and some projects. The projects scarred me a bit because I was new and they looked, frankly, like they might never go back together. After having my sorta 'driving' bug for a few weeks, well, wouldn't ya know it - it looks just like those others, except I still have more tear down to do. I think you'd want to find someone who appreciates the time and can see how to finish the project. You'd have to educate newbies like me about the process. What woulda helped me was 'free delivery' - added to the selling price, of course. I didn't know at first how to get her home - even though finding a truck to carry her wasn't any trouble in the end. Good luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ToughBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just on the market for a project bug and went to see several drivers and some projects. The projects scarred me a bit because I was new and they looked, frankly, like they might never go back together. After having my sorta 'driving' bug for a few weeks, well, wouldn't ya know it - it looks just like those others, except I still have more tear down to do. I think you'd want to find someone who appreciates the time and can see how to finish the project. You'd have to educate newbies like me about the process. What woulda helped me was 'free delivery' - added to the selling price, of course. I didn't know at first how to get her home - even though finding a truck to carry her wasn't any trouble in the end. Good luck!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busdriver79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your project is only worth whatever someone is willing to pay, regardless of how much is invested into it....you can ask whatever you want but if the price is too high, you'd be better off finishing it..... then when a prospective buyer is able to road test it, you might be able to sell it quicker...and for more money....personally, I would be very hesitant to buy an unfinished project from anybody, unless I'm able to negotiate a reasonable price in my favor....I would never buy a car, VW or otherwise, without test driving it first....that is a big gamble....no drive, no big money spent....my advice is to keep it, get it drivable on public roads, sort out any issues, then advertise it....don't sell it half baked...you won't get very much for it. Cool
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: