Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

US and Euro plates on my bug
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject: US and Euro plates on my bug Reply with quote

Okay, I'm looking for some ideas or pictures on how to show of a German plate my wife got me for my birthday today. I have a personalized Idaho plate on my bug front and rear. I also have an Idaho "classic" plate that I can legally display with my regular plates. I would like to display my new Euro plate somewhere too (for fun!).

Any thoughts on ways/locations for display? Maybe... Roof rack wind visor? Front below regular plate? Rear below regular plate? Rear bumper? Hmmmm...

Pictures would be really helpful too. I'm a visual kind of guy!

See the link below for pics of my bug if you need inspiration.

Thanks all!

SOLD:
1968 VW Beetle, Daily Driver, #68flybug

Photos: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=jfly
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Her74buggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bug!
Front or rear of the roof rack if it could go on without being in the way of anything you may carry up there. Side of the rack is good also, especially if you have two. The bumpers may bee too busy and some states want only the legal tag displayed front and rear so that could be an issue.
It's a clean car, personally I would hang the trinket tags in the garage and keep the car looking clean. Sometimes less is more but that's just my opinion.
jfly
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her74buggy wrote:
Nice bug!
Front or rear of the roof rack if it could go on without being in the way of anything you may carry up there. Side of the rack is good also, especially if you have two. The bumpers may bee too busy and some states want only the legal tag displayed front and rear so that could be an issue.
It's a clean car, personally I would hang the trinket tags in the garage and keep the car looking clean. Sometimes less is more but that's just my opinion.

Thank you for your honest opinion! Right now my garage is a disgusting mess, so I wouldn't even be able to see it on my wall! I'm thinking rear of the rack for now. That may change and it may come off altogether. We'll see!

Any other opinions? I have an updated pic of my bugs' back side in my photos!

SOLD:
1968 VW Beetle, Daily Driver, #68flybug

Photos: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=jfly
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: