Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SIGLA glass trading forum
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stocknazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a few pieces of sigla glass with the vw logo, correct for a 62-63 and would like to trade for sigla w/o logo

"When the people are afraid of the government, that's tyranny. But when the government is afraid of the people, that's liberty."
"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God."

Thomas Jefferson
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in desperate need for 2 passenger side(logo in top left corner) pop out windows. I just need the glass but would buy the whole window frame and all if that's what you have. I have various extra pieces of Sigla glass that I can trade if necessary.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1667775

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

SOUTHERN INTEGRITY AIRCOOLERS

WTB - Sigla popout glass like in my ad.
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if I understand correctly, the first version of Sigla glass logos do not have either the D-06 or the VW logo on them. Then the next era of logo have the D-06 added but no VW logo. Then the final? version of logo has both the D-06 and the VW logo added. Sound correct?

I think I have some Sigla glass somewhere, I'll have to go looking. All my Buses use Sikurit, so maybe if any are found in the basement, I'll post up a classified ad...

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
So if I understand correctly, the first version of Sigla glass logos do not have either the D-06 or the VW logo on them. Then the next era of logo have the D-06 added but no VW logo. Then the final? version of logo has both the D-06 and the VW logo added. Sound correct?

I think I have some Sigla glass somewhere, I'll have to go looking. All my Buses use Sikurit, so maybe if any are found in the basement, I'll post up a classified ad...

Bill

Some buses seem to have a mix of both types of non-VW logo sigla. Stationary is one kind and popout the other, can't remember which is which at the moment.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CaLiBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buseric wrote:
BulliBill wrote:

Bill

Some buses seem to have a mix of both types of non-VW logo sigla. Stationary is one kind and popout the other, can't remember which is which at the moment.

YES... Infact i just pulled a set of sigla glass from a 60 bus. Stationary had the D-06 and the two pop outs do not have them.
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaLiBus wrote:
buseric wrote:
BulliBill wrote:

Bill

YES... Infact i just pulled a set of sigla glass from a 60 bus. Stationary had the D-06 and the two pop outs do not have them.

same with my '58
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CaLiBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buseric wrote:
CaLiBus wrote:
buseric wrote:
BulliBill wrote:

Bill

same with my '58

Ok now that we confirmed this ....
What would be the logos for the windshields? Delog correct? Someone please post a picture.
And a word of CUATUON: use extreme care when handling sigla glass. They crack like egg shells!!!
scvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my May '57 pgsg the doors , windshields and rear glass are AS-1 non D06 and the six pop outs are AS-1 Do6. I to can attest to the fragile nature of Sigla glass. A vent wing and windshield were broken during installation.
SOUTHERN INTEGRITY AIRCOOLERS

WTB - Sigla popout glass like in my ad.
KombiMarc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: sigla pop out glass with vw logo Reply with quote

4 pieces of glass, some bubbles, logo in upper left on all 4. Good for driver or to complete a set.
Let me know if needed
Marc

Thanks Marc
CaLiBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Marc
PM sent
deepseeman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,
Im restoring my 60 15W and just finished assembling 4 of my pop outs. I had thought I had 6 pieces, but I was wrong. So im looking for 2 Sigla non logo AS-1. One for each side. Any help is appreciated. I have glass to trade or cash in hand. its the last pieces to the puzzle and DONE! HELP...

61' Double Cab-restored driver
91 SYNCRO
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 pass and 2 driver non logo Sigla glass in very nice shape. I also have 3 vw logo Sigla pop outs (see my ads)

Willing to trade for spoon latches.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
desert westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: SIGLA glass trading forum Reply with quote

I have a non logo Sigla rear window for a 15/23 window that I would like to trade for a VW logo Sigla rear window for a 63 15 window.
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: SIGLA glass trading forum Reply with quote

i'm in the same boat I have a vw logo'd sigla deluxe rear but need a non vw sigla for my bus. but just saw your ad, very risky shipping them
60freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: SIGLA glass trading forum Reply with quote

I have matching (left & right) early Delog logo front windshields from a '59 standard that only had 35k miles, so the glass is in excellent shape. Will trade for a set of regular aftermarket windshields instead if someone wants/needs these for a resto, otherwise I'm installing them in my beater driver '64 kombi within the next couple weeks or so. Had an ad up before with only one person interested, so I'll try here as last chance before they get used.
desert westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: SIGLA glass trading forum Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
i'm in the same boat I have a vw logo'd sigla deluxe rear but need a non vw sigla for my bus. but just saw your ad, very risky shipping them

I have had some very nice pieces of glass broken when shipped and some scratched/fogged pieces make it in one piece. Sucks throwing nice windows into the trashcan
zuggbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: SIGLA glass trading forum Reply with quote

desert westy wrote:
I have a non logo Sigla rear window for a 15/23 window that I would like to trade for a VW logo Sigla rear window for a 63 15 window.

I have what you are looking for, but i have never had a piece of glass get to my house in one piece. I live on the opposite side of the country.

if you have had luck shipping glass, I might consider swapping.
staceyz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: SIGLA glass trading forum Reply with quote

When you ship glass, you HAVE TO make a wooden crate. Bubble wrap the glass about 3" on each side, and make a custom crate out of 1/2" plywood. It is a pain, but it won't break. UPS does not insure glass, FedEx does.
Agpul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: SIGLA glass trading forum Reply with quote

I need a rhs slider glass and a lhd 1/4 light glass for a 63 if anybody can help please mail me at [email protected]
Cheers all
Type2Postal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: SIGLA glass trading forum Reply with quote

Im on the hunt for a L/R sliders for my 57 .. please email if you would like to sell [email protected] thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: