Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Painting my Westfalia 87 in Albuquerque, NM.
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mauny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Painting my Westfalia 87 in Albuquerque, NM. Reply with quote

Hello there.

I have just joined Samba, and would like to know if anyone could recommend a car painting facility for my van. It has original paint job that has turned powdery, with a few rust dots scattered about.

Thanks from Albuquerque, NM.

Mauny
David Marquis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's difficult for someone outside of your area to recommend. I had mine completely repainted, inside and out with a non original color. Prior to doing so I researched what a quality paint job would cost. There are vast disparities between cost when you look at a quality job versus a mediocre to low quality job. I would research via the internet specific to your area. Call local places, and most definitely read reviews online of those local places.

You will save yourself a lot of money if you do the prep work yourself. Depending on whether or not you want a new color or if you are intending to have the original color repainted on the outside only, the amount of prep work will certainly vary.

For myself, for a complete color change inside and out, I removed everything inside and out, all latches, door handles, windows, dash, cabinets, etc. If you are only having the outside painted the prep will be far less extensive, such as windows, wipers, etc.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents and good luck to you!!
59RAIDER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call Arm and Hammer Auto Body - its out in Peralta NM -

Ron Padilla
505-869-6548
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: