Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Uninsr'ed, Drug Addict, Divers.. *sigh*
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C.M.Wolf wrote:
"The police in Montana seem SO MUCH friendlier..."

Yeah, and normally I'd like to be right there with ya on your above quote.. but..... I'm thinking they're mostly friendly with those that make illegal drugs, sell illegal drugs, do illegal drugs,(and drive), drive drunk,(there's a couple people still out and around this area with 27 and more DUI's... and their license still intact,(..although IF they still have vehicle insurance, I'll wager it's expensive)...

"Crime, it's a Police Dept's Job Security!"

*Sigh*

Michael

Funny You say that, it was Soooooo easy to gather enough signatures to pass a bill into law to legalize marihuana, yet I bet you are on your own if you tried to change the law, so the law was a bit more strict on drivers under the influence of drugs.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sahall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things like this make me sick, I'm sorry to hear about your car..
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Uninsr'ed, Drug Addict, Divers.. *sigh* Reply with quote

C.M.Wolf wrote:
Well Ladies and Gentlemen.. my nice lil' 1971 Super Beetle was taken out by an uninsur'ed, drugged-up, driver the other day.. (My cars were legally parked in front of my house).

The drug addict 1st dragged the curb for 60', rear-ended my bug, shoving it 8' foreward & into a telephone poll, then bounced off my Bug and hit my 2002 Chevy Malibu LS,(which I'd just gotten back out of the shop in Jan from being hit while it was parked.. by a drunk driver)..

The police originally arrested the owner of the vehicle... and an 1/2 hr later, took her out of the patrol car, uncuffed her, told her to get some rest & go to work the next day,(some trick, the lying, crack-whore is on welfare & food stamps & lives in HUD housing)... but let her go to tend to her minor daughter while still blasted out of her head on drugs...

Needless to say.. she didn't even show up to court, warrant out for her arrest, impound yard returned her uninsr'ed vehicle to her,(still without insurance), two days after the accident.. and the city attorney's office recommends I get an attorney, because they refuse to pursue restitution on my behalf, regardless of the situation and charges against her...

I'm now out nearly $20,000 between my 2 cars,(the VW & Chevy), that the crack-whore totaled out...

..But the worst part about the whole mess... is that she's still out on the streets... doing drugs... & driving around an uninsured vehicle... and it looks like the only two things that are going to actually stop her... is either her death... or she literally kills someone the next time...

(Please don't ask for current pics of my Bug.. it kinda makes me sick just looking at the once was worth 10k car that I'd worked so hard on... that's now just sitting in my back yard... a mere pile of wreckage)..

Sigh..

Michael

A friend of mine here was driving with his wife when a car ran a red light and hit them. The perps bailed out of the wrecked car ran to another car got in and they left the scene. Police showed up and during the investigation found that the car they were driving had expired license, no insurance, in fact it traced back to the former owner who had sold it months before by advertising in the local paper. He sold it for cash and wished them well. The lesson here? You never know what the next guy will do, you take your life in your hands just getting out on the road. Do not sell cars to anyone without proper identification
In fact in many areas you are still responsible if no record of a change of ownership exists. Years ago I worked with an ex cop and you wouldn't believe the stories this guy had, it's a wonder he kept his sanity.
bandi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into an issue with a meth-head last winter- my car, my ex girlfriend's car, and 3 neighbor's vehicles were absolutely TRASHED by some junkie trying to break in with a pickaxe- $2700 damage to my New Beetle alone.

The cops caught him in the trunk of a Ford Explorer covered in glass and blood- he was charged with mischief under $5000, let go that night, and then the police blanked his name out on the report to my insurance company, so I even had to pay the deductible. (Neighbor's car had $2200 damage, ex's had $1000...). This town unfortunately has a very corrupt police force, they "lost" my body shop estimate 7 times, then when I saw the cop who was handling my case, he said "Oh, I've tried calling you like 20 times.". My caller ID said otherwise.

Luckily, the newspaper published an article about him (he does this almost weekly) and he's stupid an accepted a Facebook request from a fake account- so I know where he lives and everything.

And I will get that low life piece of societal excrement back. One day.
'60 Canadian Standard, '64 Bug, another '64 Bug, '66 Bug, '69 Sunroof Bug, '69 GT3 Bug, '71 Super, '72 Super, '73 Canadian Custom, '74 Love Bug, '83 Mexi Bug, '85 Cabrio, '94 Mexi Bug, '99 New Beetle, '02 New Beetle Turbo S, '03 New Beetle VR6. And some Fieros.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: