Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Standard Model Headliner
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert Chambers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Standard Model Headliner Reply with quote

Do any vendors sell a center section only headliner for a standard model Beetle?
'63 OG 117
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Markus Raeke. He supplied my '47 with a center-only headliner

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1533590
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
mr magyar
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I got the headliner for my '49 Standard from Himmel Services in Germany. Excellent quality and fitted perfectly.

Cheers,
Andy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: 47 Headliner Reply with quote

If you have fitted your 47 what is seen in the link you provide, then it's way off the mark. I still have the original in my May 47 car, plus another from a car 30 chassis numbers earlier, so know exactly what they should look like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to see what you have been provided with as an original style headlining. I still have the original in my May 47 car, plus another from a car 30 chassis numbers earlier, so know exactly what they should look like, so could compare.
usariemen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 47 Headliner Reply with quote

Martin Southwell wrote:
If you have fitted your 47 with what is seen in the link you provide, then it's way off the mark. I still have the original in my May 47 car, plus another from a car 30 chassis numbers earlier, so know exactly what they should look like.

What you see in the link is of course seat material.
It was just meant as a connection to Marcus Raeke who offers the headliner material as well.
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 47 Headliner Reply with quote

usariemen wrote:
Martin Southwell wrote:
If you have fitted your 47 with what is seen in the link you provide, then it's way off the mark. I still have the original in my May 47 car, plus another from a car 30 chassis numbers earlier, so know exactly what they should look like.

What you see in the link is of course seat material.
It was just meant as a connection to Marcus Raeke who offers the headliner material as well.

Yes. I provided the link as a method of contacting Marcus
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
BjornTore
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: standard headliner before july 1949 Reply with quote

Martin Southwell wrote:
It would be interesting to see what you have been provided with as an original style headlining. I still have the original in my May 47 car, plus another from a car 30 chassis numbers earlier, so know exactly what they should look like, so could compare.

Hello. Do u hsve any pic of ur headliner? I hav a grey/bluish "sucker sack" headliner, just wonder if thats the right one for my 3 rd of june standard VW. Bt
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: