Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Newbee question Getting caught in the rain
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jzsquared
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Newbee question Getting caught in the rain Reply with quote

Since I haven't found the perfect for me Thing to buy I have to ask a question. Do the Things have a water drain inside the car. I have been caught in the rain several times and when I get home I just pull a rubber plug to let out any water inn the car. Does a Thing have any such drains in case I get caught in a down pour with the top down?
GI Joe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple drain hole in the rear of the pan... In my eye, they are not in the best location to properly drain a flooded floor, but they are there...

I added some smaller holes to my pan, at strategic spots where the water actually puddles, to help drainage... I've done this on our last two TJ wranglers as well, and they work great.... (Just make sure you prime/paint the hole to eliminate rust coming on Wink )...

These added holes aren't big enough to need plugs, but do allow water to run out...., and don't allow road water to get in....
Thems my thoughts! Wink
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8080337#8080337
www.NLEOMF.com
Respect, Honor, Remember

Last edited by GI Joe on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Jonny Rock
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just scoop out the excess water, towel dry it, and then drive it around to finally air dry it. Cool
Joe 20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck, the pans rust fast enough drainage isn't a problem.... Very Happy Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: