Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Replacement Radio/DVD Mk5 Golf Questions
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwrobert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Replacement Radio/DVD Mk5 Golf Questions Reply with quote

Hi Guys, I finally delved into adding a watercooled to my car lineup. Bought a 2004 VW Golf TDI. I have a couple of questions about my ICE, I have bought a head unit Radio/DVD/Satnav from an ebay seller,

My questions start with Aerial, Should i buy a Fakra dual to ordinary aerial plug or is one connector enough?

Should the CanBus display on the radio be available on my year of car?

Where is the best place to locate the SatNav reciever?

when i turn the ignition key to stop the engine, the radio used to stay on until i took the key out, now when i turn the engine off the unit shuts down seconds later what causes that? How can i amend this?

Im not new to Electrics/ICE but these things are just confusing me as the chinese translated instructions are useless.

Thanks in advance if anyone can answer my problems

WWW.TheVolksmeister.Com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ps2375
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the power, seems you have main power to radio wired wrong. A lot of the adapter kits out there are junk, be sure you don't have radio power on the K-line instead of the actual power line. A wiring diagram from a Bently Manual will have the correct color codes for the wires. Or, is this a OEM head unit?(I re-read your post)?

As for the rest, dunno.
vwrobert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the response, I took out the VW Blaupunkt unit as i wanted to play MP3 and use the Bluetooth and Sat nav features of latest radios, Yes you guessed it it was Junk.

After using the supplied adapter the radio now shuts off after the key is turned.

With this car i dont intend to do too much so I dont want to spend on a bently manual.(My real interest is air cooled. ) All this Canbus etc freaks me out.

WWW.TheVolksmeister.Com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: