Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Clutch broke :(
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry39218
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that, but I am not seeing how anything I have done would change anything with the brake pedal.

OH, and that little plate, if there is even one, is completely rusted..quite honestly I don't think it has one. When I put the pedal assembly back in place, they were in the same place they were when I took them off. Brakes are working fine, also.

The pedals appear to be set fairly correctly... the clutch is just engaging a bit too far back now. Gonna tighten the wing a few more turns and see if I can get it about halfway.

Wait, it does have one, but it is rusted completely to the floor. (another part to replace)

As long as it will get me 3 miles there and 3 miles back today I'm fine. (even then, I have a towbar if needed)

To recap, both pedals are slightly to the rear, not straight up.
I have a slight amount of play in the brake pedal, not alot in the clutch pedal but there is some..hard to tell if it's 3/8.. the clutch pedal is taught, there is always tension on the arm, it never goes back to 12:00--hoping that's normal. No one has been able to tell me how the arm is supposed to be in relation to the pedal.

Will do one final adjustment here shortly and see what happens..
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about the position of the throw out arm with relation to the peddle, it will end up where ever it does once properly adjusted.

The large spring you put on the throw out arm will keep a light peddle pressure on the peddle. Once you adjust the wing nut properly, the clutch peddle will have 3/8 inch play of that light pressure before getting to the heavy pressure.

The clutch peddle should not have to be pushed to the firewall to release the clutch. The clutch should release after pushing the peddle forward about 2 to 3 inches form it's resting position.

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jerry39218
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

way cool!!!

That's where it's at Smile

Finally Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: