Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Nico Rosberg claims driving over patch of oil left by VW
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vincent9993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Nico Rosberg claims driving over patch of oil left by VW Reply with quote

For any F1 enthusiasts that watched the F1 race last week-end, Nico Rosberg has been heard claiming that an oil leak from the buggy Bruce and Winnie were driving at the VW Bug Show SPA-Francorchamps caused him to turn into his team mate Lewis Hamilton.

Lewis Hamilton v Nico Rosberg: Mercedes' worst nightmare

Sorry could not resist...
LOL
nightmanx11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, Mr Rosberg needs to go back to driver school to relearn how to drive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dind't see where Nico said that was because of oil, but it was pretty easy to see that Nico held his line as Hamilton turned into him rather than very easily giving way and allowing Hamilton to push him off the course into the curbing.

Nico knew Hamilton's actions were to deliberately cut him off, and he knew holding his line would result in Hamilton's tire being damaged.

When you have team mates in F1, you don't need enemies. they wear the same uniform.
Machette Speedster
2012 Passat TDI SE (sadly sitting in a buyback parking lot somewhere waiting for it's heart to be ripped out.)
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F1 racing? yawn...

bnc
73SpeedBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didget69 wrote:
F1 racing? yawn...

bnc

I don't understand why F1 isn't more popular in the US. It seems so much more exciting to me than watching cars continually turn left for 2 hours. By the way Vince, I don't see where it mentions anything about oil or VWs in he article you linked.
Manxter #39 on a 1971 Pan
Turbo-charged Subaru EJ25D (DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3923620/1971-volkswagen-beetle#

-Adam
GS guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, it looked to me also like Hamilton turned into Rosberg, not the other way around. Although Rosberg didn't try to avoid him either... Hamilton is getting all the bad breaks this season, while Rosburg is getting all the good ones. Such is racing. Hey, at least Vettel isn't winning one race after another this year. Keep an eye on Ricciardo too!
Jeff
germanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

73SpeedBuggy wrote:

I don't understand why F1 isn't more popular in the US. It seems so much more exciting to me than watching cars continually turn left for 2 hours. By the way Vince, I don't see where it mentions anything about oil or VWs in he article you linked.

And I am really wondering when it will become extinct in Europe / Germany as visitor numbers seem to drop. I myself never was at a race, I just cannot afford the horrendously priced tickets.
As a former - yes, former - F1 fan (even my initials are MS by chance...) I am very sad to see the concerted degradation of the F1. I remember F1 as the one and only art of racing in a kind of limitless competition during the 70ies up to the 90ies. At Senna's days, the limit was the driver, not the car.
One good thing with all high end competion sports, many technologies have found their way into commercialized production. From where does BMW have all the knowledge to produce high performance motorcycle engines (the R1000SS), or the powerful yet low consuming car engines (be it the M-range or the Diesels with Turbos)? The knowledge about materials, lightweight construction, cooling and rigidity from constructing high performing turbo and the latter non-turbo race engines has found it's way into todays engine production. Why is it all of a sudden not allowed anymore to use more exotic materials or different technologies? Why do we not have 8 or 6 cylinder engines anymore?
Ok, some here might think Bernie does the right thing: limiting teams in their budget, use of resources and the freedom of drivers to decide their own race tactic. I don't. F1 is dying if they continue like that.
Aren't it just exactly these limitations, which limit us to go beyond the usual? And isn't going beyond the usual what makes the whole show less predictive, and therefore more entertaining and attractive?
I personally believe all limitations and rules on overtaking, engines and engine displacement, tires use etc... do not really support the demonstration of driving genius as many of today's drivers have the capability to demonstrate if they would be allowed to...
I have lost interest. This season Vettel has to make no points as marketing rules require the F1 to remain interesting; so a new hero has to climb the Olymp to ensure people don't get bored by Vettel's face all year long.
And at Spa, Rosberg just demonstrated a nice little overtake manover, the arrogant Mr. Hamilton again demonstrated his disability to control his emotions - kind of indirectly admitting Rosberg did the right thing....

Sorry for the long post.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lostinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

73SpeedBuggy wrote:
didget69 wrote:
F1 racing? yawn...

bnc

Could the reason be, because you can't watch more than a small portion of the race because most of the races are raced between walls? Or, there is minimal passing because all the racing is done between walls?
RIP Morgan

My photos
http://www.manxgallery.org/gallery/album92
glassbuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A VW leaked oil, please. That's the oldest complaint in the book.
HeidelbergJohn4.0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostinbaja wrote:
73SpeedBuggy wrote:
didget69 wrote:
F1 racing? yawn...

bnc

Could the reason be, because you can't watch more than a small portion of the race because most of the races are raced between walls? Or, there is minimal passing because all the racing is done between walls?

Between Walls? Monaco and Singapore are street races and AbuDhabi is fairly constrained in places. Other than that all the tracks are very open imho compared to the street races of indycar or the ovals Indycar and Nascar race on. I'm a huge F1 fan, though not exactly thrilled by the ugly cars and horrible sounding Hybrid engine formula they are running now.

And It's obvious Vettel can't handle teh loose rear end and all the torque the new engines make without the illegal traction control systems Redbull has had in the past.
Machette Speedster
2012 Passat TDI SE (sadly sitting in a buyback parking lot somewhere waiting for it's heart to be ripped out.)
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F1 in the US is like Soccer in the US. The fan base wants what the fan base wants, and until they want F1.............

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
JiI
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

73SpeedBuggy wrote:
didget69 wrote:
F1 racing? yawn...

bnc

I can't watch NASCAR, I have all my teeth. Very Happy
Jeff
germanx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeidelbergJohn4.0 wrote:

And It's obvious Vettel can't handle teh loose rear end and all the torque the new engines make without the illegal traction control systems Redbull has had in the past.

Why was traction control forbidden in the first place?
Because we would have seen the same 2 or 3 teams battling for the title in each race. Others teams could not come up with a reliable and functioning system.
I am not in a position to claim which team bent or violated which rule. But doesn't your claim against Red Bull as much as many other complaints we heard ultimately support the approach to release limitations?

Why so many restrictions to one of the top classes of street racing? Sadly enough, I think I know one possible answer: Money.
Mr. E. needs to attract as many visitors as possible all over the world - especially even more so to recapture the 100 Mio USD he agreed to pay to the German jurisdiction so that the claim of bribery was settled without conviction.

I am not a F1 fan anymore. I prefer riding my buggy.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: