Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Online parts cataloge-Can't find the link
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
shiningstar76
Samba Brewer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Online parts cataloge-Can't find the link Reply with quote

A while ago on here someone posted a link to an online parts cataloge with exploded diagrams that was really useful for finding/referencing parts numbers. I tried searching to no avail. I had it as a favorite on our XP machine that is now collecting dust. Anyone remember where it is or have a link? Cheers
My bus caught on fire and is now on the other coast with someone who gave me money for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catalog or just parts manual?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=477616&highlight=manuals

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a 1972 bus it would be http://www.jerseylooker.com/FicheDump/EarlyBaywindow/EarlyBay-Main.html
shiningstar76
Samba Brewer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I had never seen the jersey looker site. Added to favorites. Thanks again.
My bus caught on fire and is now on the other coast with someone who gave me money for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DaleNW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busted bus (bustedbus.com) also has exploded parts diagrams... From the microfiche.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does Chris's site have a part number reference to the diagrams? I could not locate it but the images are nice.
shiningstar76
Samba Brewer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a digital interface out of europe IIRC, also included Seat, Skoda, among others. Anyone recall that one?
white74westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiningstar76 wrote:
There was a digital interface out of europe IIRC, also included Seat, Skoda, among others. Anyone recall that one?

Is ETKA what you're after???
nathansnathan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Online parts cataloge-Can't find the link Reply with quote

I put together a digital version of 1972 parts manuals that I scanned. It's just the Bildkatalog, the images, and not the Ersatz-Teilekatalog which is the descriptions. Sorting all that out would take me forever, hovers for all the parts.

The 72 version has parts for all the earlier bays as well as 73 stuff, but it's not as confusing as late versions of the katalog, and with some drawings that got taken out later or changed.

I made this because I wanted to be able to find the page and not get my book dirty - the other sites it's hard to navigate for me.

I made the site responsive, sort of, to scale to your browser's size on load. You can zoom in with command/control + or - or "view the background image" with right click if your browser has that, and then save the jpgs, they are pretty big at 100%. The arrow buttons turn pages or click the links at right, or just click on the left or right page to turn them.

http://bildkatalog.eggscollective.org/
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Online parts cataloge-Can't find the link Reply with quote

nathansnathan wrote:
I put together a digital version of 1972 parts manuals that I scanned. It's just the Bildkatalog, the images, and not the Ersatz-Teilekatalog which is the descriptions. Sorting all that out would take me forever, hovers for all the parts.

The 72 version has parts for all the earlier bays as well as 73 stuff, but it's not as confusing as late versions of the katalog, and with some drawings that got taken out later or changed.

I made this because I wanted to be able to find the page and not get my book dirty - the other sites it's hard to navigate for me.

I made the site responsive, sort of, to scale to your browser's size on load. You can zoom in with command/control + or - or "view the background image" with right click if your browser has that, and then save the jpgs, they are pretty big at 100%. The arrow buttons turn pages or click the links at right, or just click on the left or right page to turn them.

http://bildkatalog.eggscollective.org/

Excellent work. Thank you for taking the time! It turned out very well - I like the format. You sir are owed a beer Applause

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Online parts cataloge-Can't find the link Reply with quote

Thank you Nathan. Many folks will find this an excellent solution.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: