Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW people of Montana unite!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember having a steak at the Oasis in Manhattan many years ago. Very tasty.

I was in Bozeman a few weeks ago. I love Montana.

I know there are VW folks in Billings and surrounding area. You'll find 'em.
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
I love Montana.

When I was younger I used to HATE Montana (we had to drive through it during winter heading to Cali). Those are some ass clenching moments during winter blizzards.

But now as I get older and see MT in the summer and spring, it is easily one of the most beautiful states.

There's more than a few 'Splitties' down there Smile
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawerks wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
I love Montana.

When I was younger I used to HATE Montana (we had to drive through it during winter heading to Cali). Those are some ass clenching moments during winter blizzards.

But now as I get older and see MT in the summer and spring, it is easily one of the most beautiful states.

There's more than a few 'Splitties' down there Smile

My love affair started in 1989, in the winter, as I was a ski bum at Big Sky. At the time, I could not have cared less about spring and summer. Laughing

Yes, there are still some buses in MT. They are disappearing pretty quickly, though. I know of at least half a dozen in the last year that are no longer in the state.
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be in montana for 3 weeks this summer doing some preliminary investigation about relocating...the VW population of montana is expected to grow by about 15 buses and a couple beetles in the next few years.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
i'll be in montana for 3 weeks this summer doing some preliminary investigation about relocating...the VW population of montana is expected to grow by about 15 buses and a couple beetles in the next few years.

No shit? Why?
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we visited a few years ago and are convinced that we don't wanna be in philly any longer.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bobna54oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, I'm not on the board much, but I'm still alive and well (sorta) in Missoula. I would say I see maybe 10 AC VW's in a years time around here. I used to go over to the Bug Fair in Spokane but they have discontinued that I have heard. Sad I am getting ready to get the bug out of hibernation for the year, yay!
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobna54oval wrote:
Hey all, I'm not on the board much, but I'm still alive and well (sorta) in Missoula. I would say I see maybe 10 AC VW's in a years time around here. I used to go over to the Bug Fair in Spokane but they have discontinued that I have heard. Sad I am getting ready to get the bug out of hibernation for the year, yay!

It'll be back. Or should I say, there will again be a VW show in Spokane this summer... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=549880&highlight=spokane
bobna54oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
bobna54oval wrote:

It'll be back. Or should I say, there will again be a VW show in Spokane this summer... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=549880&highlight=spokane

Thanks for letting me know that, the link still didn't work but I will keep trying and keep that weekend open. Maybe SRP has some info on their site, I'll check it out.
ebenasky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seem a few bugs around Helena. I just got my 64 on the road. It is always nice to see other acwv's around. Got to meet Kyle Mock in Bozeman last weekend. Nice guy. I managed to get a few parts that I needed from him. I am always open to find someone to chat with.

- '60 Beetle "Ruby"
- '70 Beetle "Peace"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the area of Helena. You have a really interesting old downtown section. I spent a weekend there a few years ago just cruising around the place. Went to a Bighorns hockey game, too.

I was just through Helena last Sept. I take highway 12 across the state when I go visit family in MN. 12 takes me almost all the way to their place outside of Minneapolis.
whc03grady
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in getting something formal-ish started, air-cooled VW club-wise, in Montana. More for moral support than anything else, though campouts would be cool too.

There're a few other Montanans infrequently on this website:
http://vwcamperfamily.ning.com

Map:
http://vwcamperfamily.ning.com/opensocial/ningapps...bt9o1k07eh

Also, one of the bigger a-cVW parter-outers, Brax Euro Parts, is in Divide not an hour away from me. He doesn't run a storefront business but for some reason I feel like it deserves mention.

Okay, I'm babbling now. Read my blog (link below).
blankmange wrote:
The Bentley assumes that the car is complete.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
ebenasky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in this. I just picked up a transporter last month, but I know it will need some TLC before I'm on the road. I'm mainly in my bug.

- '60 Beetle "Ruby"
- '70 Beetle "Peace"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live 30 miles from the Western MT border, and I have been working the last several months on a house that is literally 100 feet into MT. I love Montana. Can I join?
candyman
Samba Trout Slayer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when you think you're out, they pull ya back in Wink
Sold all my acvw's last year Crying or Very sad we all do stupid things when we have kids
Anyways slowly getting back in the hobby with a recent acquisition of a 60 bug to restore this winter. Ill be on the hunt for another early panel soon as well.
Montana vws rock! So dry like this 60 bug i picked up. Sat in a barn since 92, not a lick of rust Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ebenasky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman wrote:

I don't think it ever ALL goes away. My lull was 25 years, but I'm back again and living the dream.

- '60 Beetle "Ruby"
- '70 Beetle "Peace"
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman wrote:
Sold all my acvw's last year Crying or Very sad we all do stupid things when we have kids
Anyways slowly getting back in the hobby with a recent acquisition of a 60 bug to restore this winter. Ill be on the hunt for another early panel soon as well.
Montana vws rock! So dry like this 60 bug i picked up. Sat in a barn since 92, not a lick of rust Very Happy

I was wondering what happened to you!
skylerdrocket
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Frenchtown MT, just out of missoula. Just bought a '66 baja for my first car (still needs a lil love get on the road though)
Tetonrvr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Montana, were up on the Teton and Sun rivers near choteau

Lots of bugs in this area
FamilyBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Billings, I was one of the original members of the Red River VW Club in Fargo. Even before Joel was a member. I would love more than anything to have a Montana VW club with a Billings Chapter. I have my 63 beetle that my dad bought in 1964. I've been obsessed with VWs since I was 2 years old. I'll do anything I have to too help get some sort of a club off of the ground. I think it's time Montana makes a VW presence. They are everywhere. Who's with me.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: