Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

He said, "Why didn't someone tell me?"
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
shortride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: He said, "Why didn't someone tell me?" Reply with quote

A funny incident happened this past weekend. One of my sisters and her family was here for a short visit. My 17 year old nephew that has had a simi-sheltered life has only seen Classic VW Beetles in pictures and was looking forward to his visit here with enthusiasm. He volunteered to detail my '66 Sedan if I would let him drive it. I figured that would be a fair trade so I told him where I kept the detailing supplies. He spent the better part of an hour detailing the car and when he finished I heard the engine start and I watched him drive away. About 20 minutes later I heard him coming down the street. I met him in the driveway to comment on the great job he did detailing the car. He was grinning from ear to ear about his first experience driving a Classic VW Beetle. As he was handing the key to me he said, "I sure wish someone had told me not to use Armor-All on the seats." Laughing

Retired US Army - 21 years 11B40, 173rd Airborne Brig. - Vietnam Combat Veteran

Last edited by shortride on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: He said, "Why didn't someone tell me?" Reply with quote

shortride wrote:
As he was handing the key to me he said, "I sure wish someone had told me not to use Armor-All on the Vinyl seats." Laughing

Fixed it for ya.
smokey503
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. When I was younger, I was cleaning out my work Truck and decided to be nice and Armorall my bosses motorcycle seat.
I didn't know he was going to slide off the seat and eat shit.
He wasn't very pleased.
noah2burchell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this reminds me of when my grandfather made my rubber floor mats "look good". I drove it and soon realized that my feet were slipping off the pedals because the floor mats had been shined up with tire black. Laughing

Original flat window 1302 Super Beetle
grandpa pete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new guy at the warehouse was trying to make points with the boss and detailed the 26000 pound truck cab.........I almost drove the truck through the back wall of the warehouse when my foot slipped off the brake pedal that he cleaned and armoralled

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569619&highlight=sedan+delivery
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: