Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Inside door window scraper
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
rad dad 68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Inside door window scraper Reply with quote

If I understand Chris Vallone's correction to his 3 part door assembly, he suggests that the excess inside door scraper rubber be tucked behind the channel that holds the felt (closest to door handle). My question is this....has anyone had any luck doing this? I can't seem to find a way to make this happen. This is a Wolfsburg West kit and don't want to cut the scraper unless it's absolutely necessary. Also, the adhesive suggested in the video isn't available locally...anyone seen something comparable at Lowe's/Home Depot. Thanks in advance
shortride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you also view this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RgbFOoXxro

Retired US Army - 21 years 11B40, 173rd Airborne Brig. - Vietnam Combat Veteran
vdubmyk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tucked my window scraper in because that's how it was originally, what a PITA. It worked but was a headache. As far as adhesive, I use yellow 3m weatherstrip adhesive, 08001 or a smaller tube of 08002. Permatex also makes one. Although, Chris does a good job, I didn't agree with using regular felt and used the WW ones. The window takes a little bit of force to wind up but not too bad. I also use baby powder on the windows so it slides easily on doesn't drag on the new scrapers.
rad dad 68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did short ride and thanks for the reply. That video is exactly what I was referring to. The metal channel doesn't seem to cover much of the scraper and continues to pop out...there has to be a detail I'm overlooking or a trick that I am just not aware of....I know there is someone out there with a trick up their sleeve...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: