Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How to take apart stove?
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ServantOfElwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: How to take apart stove? Reply with quote

I will keep searching - if anyone can lay their hands on a thread or solution quickly, would be much appreciated!

Mouse nest #11:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

ServantOfElwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Figured it out! Reply with quote

Take screws out from rear ventilation grill, slide it out the back. You'll either need to take the fold down cover off, or the faucet. I chose faucet.
ServantOfElwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:28 am    Post subject: photos Reply with quote

I don't know if there's a way to get the cooktop out without removing the kitchen cabinet. It looks to me as if this is The Way.

First you need to take the stove face off the front of the cabinet. I used this thread. Davideric9 explained it very well starting on the first page.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=334649&highlight=

Then as you saw above, I could see the mouse nest in all its glory, built in propane control enclosure!

The back ventilation grille is screwed to the kitchen cabinet with three little screws; in this photo you can see one at the left end, and two on the right. The grille itself is in turn riveted to the stainless cooktop, in the middle.

Remove the screws, and slide the whole cooktop/grille assembly all the way out of the back of the cabinet. It slides in grooves cut into the inside of the cabinet. I had already removed the faucet so it didn't hang up on the cover while sliding out. This photo I have it part way out.

Now it's easier to get to everything for a good cleaning. It was getting late and I just set the cooktop aside, so I don't know if it's possible to get the shield off from around the propane controls.
beach_creature
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread…

Were you able to remove the shield from around the propane controls? I have been trying to figure this out but don't know if it is actually possible? I haven't had success removing the burners from the stove top.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: