Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

# 13 Hebmuller - Where is it?
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwbugnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: # 13 Hebmuller - Where is it? Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone out there has found #13 Hebmuller my father Dave Wetzel used to own it and I am looking to see if its still in existence, I heard about 5 to 8 years ago it was some ware in someone’s barn still rusting away. If you know where it is please respond.

Thanks

Erik Paul
vwbugnut
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Heb 13 Reply with quote

Comon guys; Sad

Is there nobody who knows where it was last seen.
My info ( but old) says that a certain mr C Bogges was an owner once and before him a Mr FARSON. Both From USA

I also want to know where it is. Laughing
Any help is appreciated .
Greetings and thanks .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: A litle help to find it. Reply with quote

Some details as I got on the car :
The Hebmuller nr 14-00013 was original red, all over .
Split dasbord, ( obvious Laughing ) twin glove doors, big plastic window and 15 inch wheels with small white walls.
The tail lights were oval area and no bumpers.
The rear valance was cut to make place for twin exhaust pipes.
Interior was cloth.
This info is certain 15 years old but somebody has to remember this one.

Greets.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: heb 13- where is it now Reply with quote

If somebody know where this car is now , please inform us.
Merry Christmas and Hebby New year

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

The pict is from + 25 years ago...? sorry I could not find a recent one.
Thank you.
Peter SCHEPENS
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: heb 13- where is it now Reply with quote

peter schepens wrote:
If somebody know where this car is now , please inform us.
Merry Christmas and Hebby New year

The pict is from + 25 years ago...? sorry I could not find a recent one.
Thank you.
Peter SCHEPENS

I reckognise that plate, but the car doesn't look farmiliar. If you had a friend who was a cop, they might be able to run the plates and let you know if it is registered or not...
Good luck man!
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
36hplandspeedracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#13 Hebmuller will be returning. The car has been stored in pieces by a well know restorer in the Mountain West and will be brought back to life. Restoration is "planned" to start in 2015. And no, it is NOT for sale...........

Burly
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news. If possible I want to be informed.... Maybe I can help with info:-) Still looking for info on the nrs on the car? Vin, aufbau, engine . Thanks for the info
36hplandspeedracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, the car is not virgin and many decades ago the pan and other "numbered" parts went missing. The restorer will do a restoration that pleases himself and that has always been the plan. The restoration will be of extreme high quality regarding workmanship but his plan was never to restore it for gaining dollars.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vintage fiberglass
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Hebmuller Reply with quote

Would he trade his Hebmuller remains for another rare split beetle? Like a split ragtop or split convertible? Had to ask.
36hplandspeedracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Hebmuller Reply with quote

vintage fiberglass wrote:
Would he trade his Hebmuller remains for another rare split beetle? Like a split ragtop or split convertible? Had to ask.

Nope!
thevinster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so my car came with a whole bunch of papers and it used to be in a vintage vw club in the 80s and i have the june 1980 news sheet and it mentions that hebmuller number 13 was in the process of being restored by someone named Maurey Cole
Hacksaw-BoB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a typo in the VVWCA newsletter . . Maurey Coles Hebmuller was #12 and not #13 as mentioned . . .

http://www.VintageVolkswagenModels.com

Collector of Vintage VW Toys

BoB's Restor-Version Shop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Newman (Santee, Ca) owned Heb 14-0013 in the mid 70s. I purchased Bill's 1947 sedan 10 years ago, which is still in my possession. Unfortunately, Bill passed away in 2013
1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Bob Gilmore archives-

1959 Typ 117
1959 Typ 265
1961 356B
1966 Typ 151
1966 Typ 241
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thevinster wrote:
so my car came with a whole bunch of papers and it used to be in a vintage vw club in the 80s and i have the june 1980 news sheet and it mentions that hebmuller number 13 was in the process of being restored by someone named Maurey Cole

Wow! It looks as if Dick Lee, the famous VW off road racing champion from the glory days of the '70s, had a '51 split sunroof!

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: # 13 Hebmuller - Where is it? Reply with quote

Is there anyone out there that knows the whereabouts of Hebmuller nr 13? Does Chris B still owns the car or remains of the car?

All help is welcome.. I am not after his heb, just some crucial information that is needed on the first made hebs that I am after. Thanks.
Martin Southwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thevinster wrote:

Is this the Maurey Cole you talk about? https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/188988613/morris-willard-cole

Obituary: The Orange County Register, (Santa Ana, CA) - Thursday, January 14, 2010
Morris Cole, 79, of H.B., passed away on 1/10/10. He worked as a body man in OC and owned Five Points Paint and Body in Huntington Beach from 1979-1995. Survived by his wife of 51 years, Jean Cole; children, Dan, Rocky, Mark, Kathy & Julie. Graveside services are Saturday, 1/16/09 at 9:00am Forest Lawn, Cypress.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peter schepens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: # 13 Hebmuller - Where is it? Reply with quote

Martin. No Maurey cole had Heb nr 12.. i am after nr 13 on friday the 13th Wink Nr 12 was contacted yesterday Wink
vwbugnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: # 13 Hebmuller - Where is it? Reply with quote

From what I’ve been told from my father the guy who purchased the heb from him has restored it. It was featured in hotvws a while back. Just can remember what issue I think early 2000s or late 90s if any one can check it out that would be cool.

Thanks

Erik
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: # 13 Hebmuller - Where is it? Reply with quote

Our Heb-like 1948 P15 - z

11/4/52, black Zwitter - SOLD to my little bro.
1954 Porsche, pre A, with VW 36 horse- SOLD
1/54, black 11C Beetle - TRADED
2/55 Iceland green Beetle, on a 1965 pan
3/55 113 Beetle, stratos silver
1955 Messerschmitt KR175 - SOLD, sadly
1960 single cab
1962 SO33, with SO 42 interior
9/63 Pacific blue, Ghia
'87 Toyota MR2
'02 WestFORDia E-150, GAVE TO OUR SON

All super-heroes, wear a MASK
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Split-Window/1938-53 VWs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: