Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Deep Dish 4 Lug Stock
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bloku
Expert Noob

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Deep Dish 4 Lug Stock Reply with quote

I have been thinking about getting some deep dish rims on the rear of my ghia. It is an IRS rear and has not been lowered. To what size will they not fit? This is one of the only pictures I have found.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/5055786.jpg
1975 BMW 2002
1976 BMW 2002 (Bored and Stroked w/ 5-Speed)
1981 BMW E21
1986 Toyota 4Runner (Dead engine and trans)
1989 Toyota 4x4 PU
1994 BMW E36 (Daily)
didget69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Deep Dish 4 Lug Stock Reply with quote

Bloku wrote:
I have been thinking about getting some deep dish rims on the rear of my ghia. It is an IRS rear and has not been lowered. To what size will they not fit? This is one of the only pictures I have found.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/5055786.jpg

Car in photo is a Swing Axle car with short axles... not 'IRS'.

bnc
sactojesse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offset looks all wrong for your application. With ghias, you want wheels with more positive offset, which tucks the tires deeper in the wheel well so you can fit wider tires in back. That's why higher offset rims like Fuchs, 914 2.0 liter alloys, and replicas of such work well with ghias.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: