Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Noob to the scene, here's My 67 Standard...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radical patching! And the bus tippey looks like it should snap at the 45 or bend but it isn't. What's holding the garage to the ground? Impressive.
dfusion001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for commenting BarryL. Well, I thank God that I checked my welds really good cause if not I'd be in trouble lol. The garage is anchored probably 18-24" into the ground, and in the ground there is a foundation of concrete blocks, cement and 1" iron rods all around the perimeter.
Right now I'm organizing the garage and should be able to be ready by the weekend, then Its getting the 11 Window back in there and banging that thing out. Theres a local show In November that I want to take it to... wish me luck ya'll! Very Happy
Hansolo99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT work. I like all the fabbed stuff your making. Its coming out awesome. Cant wait to see more......
dfusion001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hansolo99. Just learning as I go, maybe someday I'll get good at this stuff!
Schwing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great build I just read all the way through it. I really admire how you went out and fabbed most of the panels, really awesome. I was in a similar scenario when I bought my single cab and my wife had just gotten laid off so I just made what I could out of old Thing doors. You have to do it to know how particular that kind of work can be, and its really rewarding to see it fall into place.

Great job man, keep it up!

Single Cab - BBXXVII Long Distance Winner
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dfusion001
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Kind words Schwing I just went thru your thread and found how similar how our builds are... so cool. Im following your thread now so Keep it up man!
south_island_surf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, I happened to see someone commenting on your fab skills on another thread, so I found this build thread. Not sure how I missed it in the past...

Anyway, great stuff! Pretty major project, but it's awesome how you dove in head first and figured it out. I'm sure you've inspired lots of guys with what you're able to do. Using pre-fab parts can be tricky enough, but you've done some pretty impressive stuff 100% on your own. Respect!

My '65 single cab project:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=491474
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jerry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff!

thevwcompound *instagram*
BusJunky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats awesome man! I've been into vw's since high school and it took over a decade for me to get my first split bus. I had worked out a deal and the seller brought me the bus from several states away. I lost my job the day before he came. It was a friday and I had waited all week for Saturday to come. Well my budget went from buying all funky green to making everything myself. I was so determined to make it solid again. Like you almost the entire bus was fabricated by hand. For not having a fabricating background, your doing a great job! Not everyone can afford a NOS restoration. I still make stuff by hand on occasion and even though my financial situation has improved, i still prefer to buy a rusted bus. Something about putting them back together yourself is way more gratifying in the end.
Jupitereyes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Noob to the scene, here's My 67 Standard... Reply with quote

This is a great thread. I am about to get started on my 67 which will have plenty of welding going on in the near future. Thanks for the motivation!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: