Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

We can put a Rover on Mars but we can't....
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
alain riaud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingkarmann wrote:
Erik G wrote:
Bob Loblaw wrote:
kingkarmann wrote:
We can put people on the moon, we land rovers on mars yet we don't put technology in cars that disable cell phones Confused

Oooh! Good one!

Not really, we have that technology, but then it cuts out the passenger's phone, my phone that is in the passenger seat untouched but streaming music to my stereo etc, calls to 911, etc

back to the original poster, imagine that, we could have water, and salt without salt mines. Unions wont like that though, making a salt mine un-needed or less needed... Rolling Eyes

There are many things we can to. We DON"T want to.
We pipe oil around the world. We can do the same with water. In the current state of geopolitical affairs it is unlikely in the near term. The haves will not share with the have nots. H2O will be the next resource we war over.

You'r right, but with water we don't speak in barrels any longer.
Water is one order of magnitude more.
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babysnakes wrote:
Desalinization also has it's conundrums. Where do you store the salt? Put it in a valley and rain will wash it into the water table. Throw it into the sea and salt levels will rise over time. Urban sprawl is the bandit. Even building "up" will not reduce the population whom consume water. What humans need is a full scale plague wiping out most of the population and then the surviors can start over. Or move to Florida, seems to be raining most every afternoon.

would that create another dead or salton sea? Rolling Eyes
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spezialist wrote:
babysnakes wrote:
Desalinization also has it's conundrums. Where do you store the salt? Put it in a valley and rain will wash it into the water table. Throw it into the sea and salt levels will rise over time. Urban sprawl is the bandit. Even building "up" will not reduce the population whom consume water. What humans need is a full scale plague wiping out most of the population and then the surviors can start over. Or move to Florida, seems to be raining most every afternoon.

Duh! send it to Mars

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Spezialist
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
Spezialist wrote:
babysnakes wrote:

Duh! send it to Mars

As a battery!
Brian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spezialist wrote:
babysnakes wrote:

Salton sea is because its below sea level. And its one of the most disgusting runoff "water" collection areas, ever.

'69 Bug
'68 Baja Truck
'71 Bug
'68 Camper

Only losers litter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find Flight 370

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
NJ John
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can put a rover on Mars and if you see Uranus, you went too far!
https://www.youtube.com/@AirSpooledGarage
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: