Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

MetricMuscle's Bajabaru Build
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
winchin73blazinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine is not one peice but it looks very similar to that one piece. i will see if i can get some better pics to you. my front end is cut up short like that one and have high cut fenders as well. i prefer the look of the wide eyed but i find the bug eyed look performs better due to not having lights in the fenders (more clearance)
MetricMuscle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also need to repair the passenger side door post or A-pillar where it connects to the heater channel.
Where do y'all like to procure sheet metal repair parts?

I've watched a couple of YouTube videos of someone making this repair and I searched some here. Do you have any suggestions on how to go about it?

I was also considering making the doors open "Suicide", hinge on the rear edge of the door. Not for the bling factor but for ease of getting in and out, especially if I add some sort of cage or door bar etc.
MetricMuscle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I won't be needing/using the '73 dual port engine and 4 speed transaxle, I'd like to sell it but how do I determine value/selling price?

The engine looks to be all stock.
The person I bought it from said last time he had it running a mechanic friend of his said it needed to be rebuilt but I don't know what that info is worth. I haven't done any diagnostic investigation into compression etc. The oil is dark but no water or other nastiness.
The car has just under 100K miles.

A friend at work is interested in it for a rail buggy build.
If I were to assume the engine needs a rebuild and the transaxle works fine but has 100k miles on it, what is the high/low I should ask for it.

Sorry for the limited info.
winchin73blazinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it truly depends on where you are and who your friends are. it is hard to put a price on used motors. i would say high end for both $1k at most.

low end $500
sorry for the broad gap. even used if the transaxle is in solid condition then it will bring you closer to that gap. i am giving about $250 for the transaxle and if your motor is coming with everything that is needed for it to run (coil, distributor, clutch and pressure plate, carbs/ etc.) that is all worth a bit more so that is what will bring you up a bit. if the motor is still capable of running that will increase value as well. despite possibly needing a rebuild soon if it is still able to run. everything comes into play on it. how worn is the clutch, does it leak any fluids (with an aircooled motor highly probable), the usual how far gone are the perishable items of the motor.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: