Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

GTI Farenheit?
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpjohns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: GTI Farenheit? Reply with quote

WTH? Were was this car? I just saw one on the way home from work today. Awesome orange paint, black wheels...nice! How come I never heard of it?

"Scrapyards are for quitters" - Beetlenut (a Samba member)
73sports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a GLI version too. Those were yellow. They were limited production. I think the GTI was DSG trans only.

Central Jersey VW Society
Karmannut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

only 1,200 of each in the US in 2007 each with a numbered steering wheel all were orange for GTi and yellow for GLi VERY AWESOME!!
Air and Water do mix!
jpjohns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well (bleep) (bleep) (bleep). I must have been sleeping in 2007. If I had known that I would have had one. GTI's are my all time fav. I've been wanting an R32 forever but I can never find them but this F version takes the cake.

"Scrapyards are for quitters" - Beetlenut (a Samba member)
73sports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the info that was written on Wikipedia about them...

Quote:
In October 2006, Volkswagen debuted a new Fahrenheit Edition of their GTI and GLI models at the Playboy Mansion. These new models were the first special-edition versions of the GTI and GLI made available in North America, and the first of the new models arrived in dealers in the early March 2007.

Fahrenheit models of the GTI were distinguished by their Magma Orange paint job, special Fahrenheit badging, a commemorative plate placed on the steering wheel, body-coloured interior panels, orange stitching on the DSG boot, steering wheel, park brake handle and floor mats (from which the red GTI logo had been removed), as well as special gunmetal-colored 18" "Charleston" wheels. The Fahrenheit also came with a European tuned suspension.

The Fahrenheit GTI was available only with Volkswagen's DSG transmission. Only 1200 Fahrenheit GTI models in Magma Orange were produced for the US (150 in Canada) and 1200 GLIs in yellow (not available in Canada). US pricing started at $27,665.

Central Jersey VW Society
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpjohns wrote:
I've been wanting an R32 forever but I can never find them but this F version takes the cake.

Really? I see them for sale all the time. There are 3 on my local craigslist right now.

Serious question on both the R32 and the Fahrenheit - I was actually wondering if they are piles of crap because it seemed weird to me to be seeing these limited edition cars for sale fairly frequently.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andymccauley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Serious question on both the R32 and the Fahrenheit - I was actually wondering if they are piles of crap because it seemed weird to me to be seeing these limited edition cars for sale fairly frequently.

I think alot of people do not want to pay the money to fix what is broken or pay someone else because they dont know how to fix it. Even though the R32 is a HUGE motor for a VW in the "Golf" it is a really heavy car too.
oasis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andymccauley wrote:
EverettB wrote:

I think alot of people do not want to pay the money to fix what is broken or pay someone else because they dont know how to fix it. Even though the R32 is a HUGE motor for a VW in the "Golf" it is a really heavy car too.

That's a very good and logical answer. While I can't shed any light on the R32 or Fahrenheit specifically, I have known people who saved up to buy a high end vehicle only to get subsequent sticker shocks from their insurance company and general maintenance bills. Then if the vehicle is not getting average MPGs -- very likely with a high performance set-up -- they get a weekly reminder when getting fill-ups.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for the feedback.

As a general rule though... the cars are not that old, nothing should be breaking unless they are poorly made, were abused, or have high mileage.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: