Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Michigan Offroad Friendly Chat and Trip Planning.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanapplebomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think they would be open to you guys joining. They let me in, thats got to count for something. Hahaha Laughing

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=487021
winchin73blazinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i am not on facebook much during the school year i visit the school webpage this website and an occasional page for research. so it may have to wait until my first break at college. but i am a bit crazy so my baja will be plated and insured throughout the winter and will be taken out on the trails as much as possible! thus the winch Smile so if anyone feels brave in the snow give me a message or pm me for my cellphone number and then give me a call. cars are my i need a break from homework mechanism.
fishybastard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im game for whatever. Ill set up a new page for this if you guys want. I think I can set up someone else as an admin too.
winchin73blazinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me see if i can get on facebook tonight before class. if not then i will let you set it up.
fishybastard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. Keep me posted on it. If you need any help let me know.
JabaDubRider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

md perf wrote:
Didn't know about the Michigan chapter page.... We can horn in with those guys? .... Or, start another page..... Or, stick on here.... I'm on FB more, because I have too many hobbies, I can see a lot of different crap at once.... Let me know whatever way everyone decides.... I sent a request to that MI chapter hooligan page

As one of the Admins of the Aircooled Hooligans Michigan Chapter, I want to offer an invite to all those here on this thread. It sounds of what you are trying to achieve is what we already do. We want to fan out and get more members in more areas so that we reach more of the state. IE be able to set up rides in more places!! Hell we already have 80 members. Come join us.

By all means YOU ALL ARE WELCOME! We are comprised of mostly off road vehicles as of right now but we want all kinds. If your vehicle is VW air-cooled themed you are welcome. Hell we even have guys that ride with us that have eco techs and ford 2.3's to name a few. They are welcome to join the page and join in on the fun they just can't get a Chapter sticker.

Click here to join:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/460193680784276/

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=536093
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
md perf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, Fritz here.... thanks for the add on FB, don't worry, Im not scrapping any VW stuff!

... and thanks for extending the invite here also!
fishybastard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the invite, Ill get my request in in a bit. Sounds like you already have a good network set up on FB. What area of michigan are most of the guys from?
winchin73blazinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no offense but that is the stuff that I dont like about some groups, exclusions. the rest of it all seems great. do not get me wrong i will join the page and probably hit a few trail rides and help set some up with you in my area. but why exclude someone due to having a different type of powerplant? I started this all in hopes of everyone that enjoys offroading whether it is a buggy, bug, thing, bus, shoot i dont care if you decide to bring a jeep along. as long as you come along, follow the rules of the trails and dont wreck it for the others. i dont see a reason for excluding everyone. yea it is sweet to go off with only vw based but sometimes it is smart to have some other types mixed in as well. not trying to gripe just stating my opinion.

If your vehicle is VW air-cooled themed you are welcome. Hell we even have guys that ride with us that have eco techs and ford 2.3's to name a few. They are welcome to join the page and join in on the fun they just can't get a Chapter sticker.[/quote]
ORANGECRUSHer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't going to say anything, but I have to say I know exactly how Nate feels. I've been in big groups before; even been one of the originals. It's only a matter of time before any well meaning group forms a subgroup of dickheaded individuals who end up ruining things some way or another. I think if this little notion of a group decided to formalize I'd prolly blaze a trail on my own.

Some people feel the need to belong. Few people don't. I don't. Anarchy all the way, baby.
Berrien Warrior 2.4L Quad4
LAZY MARY 1970 Baja 1835cc
winchin73blazinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am all for a big group of people but i got a baja bug because it mixed the best of both of my passions, i get a car and i can drive it off road, in all honesty i could go offroad by myself whenever i want i have trails within 5 minutes of my house that i could easily drive on for over 6 hours and not get bored. but it is more fun when i can go out with a group of people who are out there to just have fun, chat and tear up some earth. that is why I am so excited to be able to hit the trails with graveshaker and OC again. they are just two easy going guys that like to hit the trails with whomever or whatever decides to join in.
fishybastard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all suggesting we exclude people with the FB thing just another way to connect with fellow vw or other off road people. Im game for whatever come next year when my rail actually runs and drives. Untill then Ill be in the garage in holland if anyone wants to stop by and have a beer and bench race.
JabaDubRider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No hurt feelings here guys, but let it be known we don't exclude people because of there power plant, we just don't offer membership. If you do not have a vw based aircooled motor, you are still welcome to join in on the fun. You can join the page and ride with us. The only benefit you don't recieve is being able to get one of our chapter stickers and being able to call yourself a member.

We are called Aircooled Hooligans after all that is the reason and basis for only allowing aircooled motors.

Our page is first and foremost a place to gather and share a wealth of knowledge about our sport and most importantly plan rides with the people of Michigan. We are a great group of people that are comprised of the youngest to the most veteran persons in the buisness today.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JabaDubRider
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishybastard wrote:
Thanks for the invite, Ill get my request in in a bit. Sounds like you already have a good network set up on FB. What area of michigan are most of the guys from?

We have a ton of people form the Highland/Milford/White lake area. but we are expanding all over. From the Thumb to silver lake to Houghton, Rose city, Harrison. And with all your guys help we can be even more places.

fishybastard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear I may have killed this thread.....sorry guys. Ill stay out of it
md perf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do you say that?

pretty late in the season now, but since there are a number of us from the same area, what about any backroad cruises? ( for those that are road legal)
ORANGECRUSHer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's prolly a good time to start fresh'un anyway lol
Berrien Warrior 2.4L Quad4
LAZY MARY 1970 Baja 1835cc
winchin73blazinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha yes it may be time
winchin73blazinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you are fine fishy.
winchin73blazinbaja
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have Started a new thread for the new trip
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HBB Off-Road All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Jump to:
Page 14 of 21

Jump to: