Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fall VW Show N Go Englishtown N.J. Sunday Oct. 19th 2014
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
noneed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Fall VW Show N Go Englishtown N.J. Sunday Oct. 19th 2014 Reply with quote

I didn't see a thread started for this yearly event yet and it's only a couple of weeks away, so I figured I'd start one...

The Fall VW Show-N-Go at Englishtown NJ Raceway Park is coming up on Sunday, October 19th, 2014
If you don't already know, this swap meet gets huge...so get there early if you want to get a decent spot.
I'll leave the racing and show remarks up to those of you that are more into that side of things then I am...

So who's going ? Cool

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Schwing wrote:
Bondo is like make-up, it fools the eye from the ugly truth
seansofthedead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know i will be there. Maybe with the Bug
12 year old horse and a short legged dog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be in Puerto Rico. First time I've missed this show in years.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
BlastMasterMannyFresh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
caseydenise
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there nice and early.
catfish54-46
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expect a whole bunch of fast air cooled racers to be there as this is the last race of the VW Heritage Series. We expect 15-18 racers in the class and should be a good time.

I also encourage everyone to try racing once. Showing is cool but getting out there and moving...driving...competing adds a whole 'nother element. Mild to wild....get a helmet, seat belt, long pants and race!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be there

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
noneed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:

I also encourage everyone to try racing once. Showing is cool but getting out there and moving...driving...competing adds a whole 'nother element. Mild to wild....get a helmet, seat belt, long pants and race!

Just helped a friend dial in the suspension on his early Beetle's front end today...for no other reason then to go down the drag strip Sunday Cool
( seriously, this unfinished car is being bolted together & set up JUST to go racing Sunday then it's coming back apart to finish the full resto over the winter ! )

Schwing wrote:
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, thats awesome. Is the guys name Chris S?

Make sure he has a working seat belt, all the lug nuts, a helmet (or he can rent one from the souvenir shop for $5) and the battery has a hold down or atleast something covering it. We used to use a piece of plywood in the early days. If he needs ANYTHING....ask a fellow racer. I will be around the VW Heritage Series tent if need be

Also..do yourself a favor and on one of his runs, go around "the wall" with him (walking of course) Coming around that corner and under the tower with those broad aluminum grand stands on each side of you is an AWESOME feeling and it will make you want to try it. Getting out there, letting the clutch out and hammering that car for 1320 feet is an addiction. We just need to convert some more car show guys. Like I said...showing is cool. But there is just something about GOING!
noneed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Dude, thats awesome. Is the guys name Chris S?

Make sure he has a working seat belt, all the lug nuts, a helmet (or he can rent one from the souvenir shop for $5) and the battery has a hold down or atleast something covering it. We used to use a piece of plywood in the early days. If he needs ANYTHING....ask a fellow racer. I will be around the VW Heritage Series tent if need be

Also..do yourself a favor and on one of his runs, go around "the wall" with him (walking of course) Coming around that corner and under the tower with those broad aluminum grand stands on each side of you is an AWESOME feeling and it will make you want to try it. Getting out there, letting the clutch out and hammering that car for 1320 feet is an addiction. We just need to convert some more car show guys. Like I said...showing is cool. But there is just something about GOING!

Yep, It was Chris S. Cool
My drag race days are long gone but I still remember how fun that used to be. Too much else going on in my life now to get back into it, but it's an awesome feeling that you never forget.

Schwing wrote:
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I get a break from working the show I always walk over and watch some of the drag races. They really make the E-Town show something special.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are looking good, gonna be heading down there in an hour or so to set up the event. The weather may be a little mild but it'll be clear with no rain, perfect for the show-n-go. See ya all there!

-jeffrey
poptop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I'm twenty five mins west of etown if that. Can bring any classifieds stuff if any takers. Was on fence about swapping though.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?...ton=Search
Also have many 14 inch stock bus wheels and 2 67 bug only rims , 4 thing rims with tires that are
Useable but not great some drying. Etc!
I would also consider offering camp space for my samba friends tonight of they need a reason to leave tonight. Huge front lawn!possible future preshow campout if get some interest for spring and fall next year with more planning
poptop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be home like ten or eleven though myself
Bucky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all packed up and ready to roll out before sunrise tomorrow. Hoping to score a couple deals in the swap as usual.

Thanks to Jeff and Dave for stopping by this evening and getting things all set up!

"Got a lot to carry? Get a box."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: