Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pre- Mt. Shasta Snow Trip Party Split Bus December 6-8 2013
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou V.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a blast i had at Nor Cal Relics wrench fest. I got the Pamper set up with a bulk head brace and hoops for heads in it a braced to to the floor in the rear of the bus. Makes the pamper feel much stronger. I now can install my 4 point harness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
woodslat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodslat wrote:
I host two parties each year, and fortunately for this year the way the first party turns out is more of a planning and organization event with the heads of SST state gather maps together and discuss routes etc. It's a very social event with all of the pros there to answer questions about trip preparedness, solutions to Shasta build problems, and hear their war stories. It's also a time to find parts (if you've never seen my warehouse you're in for a treat!), gather ideas, meet prospective co-pilots, and have a relaxed VW industrial environment to get your Shasta groove on. And drink bad ass single malt scotch.

This event is kid and family friendly, but there are a LOT of sharp objects, slippery floors, tripping obstacles, fire blowers, first time unicycle riders, and one drunk pirate. You and your young kids should be aware of these things, and attend at your own risk. Also, we stay up late wrenching, so lots of air compressor and air tool noise, and some blaring Pink Floyd. If you want sleep, there are a bunch of hotels within a mile.

If you went on the 3rd Shasta or maybe the 9th Shasta and you're reading this, alumni are always welcomed at my parties even if you were a copilot who damn near shit his pants and jumped out half way. We'll have some tampons, a cold glass of white wine, and a clean toilet seat for you to sit on to pee waiting for you!

This is the most fun I have all year besides Shasta. I get to hang out with all my friends at my shop at one time, instead of trying to talk to them on Shasta in small groups and in the parking lot and smoke filled rooms of the CCI!

SO DATES ARE SET! DECEMBER 6,7, AND 8 2013 FOR THE 7TH NORCAL RELICS WRENCHING PARTY!!!
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone have a gutter mount for a CB radio that they dont need? looking to get my CB radio going.....or a magnetic base?

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
woodslat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Everett the new date is set, let the Shasta season begin!

On the Tuesday evening just before my first SST I discovered my transmission had no 4th gear. My friends Damon, Scott, Lou, and Justin (Kombi Haus) came together and got a transmission in my bus the very next morning so I could make it on the Trip. I've been hosting these parties ever since to keep everyone in the game and prepared for the rigors of the Shasta Snow Trip. Transmissions have been installed, sets of spindles, brakes, electrical work, body work, it's all been done for free with the help of friends at my Shasta Wrenching Parties. Since my first wrenching party, we've had the least amount of break downs on the trip to date.

The first wrenching party usually entails less wrenching and more parts swapping, storytelling, single malt scotch drinking, and eating. This even is a POTLUCK, bring something to share, we had enough food last time with some delicious chilis, amazing cupcakes, fantastic salads, my wife's pork and cactus dish with Mexican rice (Spanky's favorite!) and of course 75+ POUNDS of marinated Tri-Tip on the grill for the entire weekend. We will have 2 kegs of beer as it is a sleepover event, driving home drunk will not be tolerated!

This is a kid and dog friendly event open to Shasta drivers and hopefuls; great for networking, asking questions, getting help with your bus. Please clean up after your dog, and keep an eye on your kids as the location is an industrial area with lots of slippery surfaces and pointy objects and a bonfire. Bring them at your own risk!

The last party was in the middle of the worst storm of the year. 5 weeks from now it might be the same, and definitely cold at night so be prepared with your cold weather gear. I have a clean bathroom and an office for the food, but you are responsible for your sleeping arrangements be it in your bus or in your Chevy.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for a trifecta of SST Wrenching Party Dates to include:
Kombihaus -Sacramento Justin Says: "First Weekend in December"
NorCal Relics -Sacramento
Old Volks Posse -Stockton Damon Says: "First Weekend In November"

Who's got a bus that needs help bad and is proficient at wrenching, bullshitting, and drinking beer simultaneously?

Thank you head cheese dudes for opening your shops!

Last edited by kombisutra on Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok. now i got a goal.
I can make it to Damons but no bus. I can however, Bullshit, drink beer and offer my mediocre mechanical skills to those that need help.
I know I need to have my bus road worthy in time to make it to Kombi Haus.
That gives me 7-8 weeks of shakedown time before launch.
who else is raising a bus from the dead?
joe cool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tri-tip ready yet?

Does anyone have a driver's side icepick door handle with functioning lock for sale or trade?
I have a spare CB and microphone (but no antenna or speaker) if anyone needs it. Free, as-is, no warranty.
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure we need to post up a new date for the 2015 Norcal Relics SST Wrench Party...
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39
Jump to:
Page 39 of 39

Jump to: