Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

"Fast Times at Farmington" October 19th, 2014
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
buggeezer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: "Fast Times at Farmington" October 19th, 2014 Reply with quote

I won first in my class with my restored 1965. Thanks to all the Forum members that provided information/help. I'll post show photos and more in my gallery. Here is a link to my Farmington video! http://youtu.be/m7dsIV9RHuM
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
B52Gunner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a very well deserved win! Loved your Bug and enjoyed chatting with you as well.
buggeezer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see your photo so I don't remember our conversation. B52Gunner? Funny... I was in the USAF in 1963 as a ground crew member uploading bombs 18 hours a day, in Guam, carpet bombing Viet Nam! My regular base was Columbus, Mississippi! I was in Guam 3 months, had a typhoon evacuation from there to Okinawa for 2 days.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
southeastvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you enjoyed yourself! Congratulations on the win!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
buggeezer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Kathy, and I believe my daughter-in-law, Angie Tate, who also won her class, is a Facebook friend of yours. She mentioned you at the show. This win could not come at a better time because at 71, I can't do this again! Yes, small repairs, a little paint and body work, but never again a major restoration!
B52Gunner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the green Bug parked just to your left at the show...with the big B-52 in the back window.
buggeezer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! Now I remember!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: