Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My 1969 Beetle newbie
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Castell216
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: My 1969 Beetle newbie Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

Im new to the beetle world and have got myself a 1969 Beetle! over the moon!

A few questions i need to ask.

I currently have an adjustable beam and dropped splines (this is what i was told by the PO) i want to lower it more at the front, how do i go about doing this?

I have pop out rear windows but need new trim to go round them, they have a chrome edging which is perfect but its the rubber around it i need, anyone know where to get this from?

I also want the chrome trim around the car but the holes are not there already, im not sure if these have been filled in, as it isnt noticable, i dont really want to go drilling holes into it, does anyone know if i can get stick on trim?

Thankyou! (sorry if ive added this to the wrong section!)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

[/img]
darg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: LOWEWRING Reply with quote

Don,t know much about lowering it any more than what it looks like. As far as the trim holes you might take a door panel of and find the hole and measure from hole to hole . You can get good parts from Wolfsburg west. If you lower it anymore it might ride like a old straight axel truck.

darg
Castell216
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want a couple inches to get rid of the arch gap, slow and low is what I like Razz had it with my other 2 dubs but they were mk4 golfs so coilovers! A bit different to what I've got now! Aaa that's a great idea! If that's the case it means I won't be drilling into metal but filler? The chrome strips look fantastic.
bugguy076
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would look under the hood to see if the holes were filled or welded shut. measuing off another car will give you the location for drilling. If you want the front lower than it is, a set of lowered spindles will give you what you want and not change the ride. Myself, I like to go over speed bumps and dead squirrels without dragging.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: