Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ratlookvw - [email protected] - chadd magee
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: ratlookvw
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 14, 2024
juangonz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chadd, check your PMs
Tony and Rusty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So received my shipment today. Closed PayPal dispute. Paid on June 19, received shipment on Aug 12...54 days. This has been the most frustrating transaction I have ever been a part of. Good luck, Chadd.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ronnie12342003
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

now in paypal dispute he said he posted another set because the first set never turned up full of shit never posted at all
Wheeliebot3000
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my wheel, and it is in excellent condition. He is a great seller. Thanks again Chadd!
FritzCP
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought a small clamp from Chadd. He shipped it same day I sent payment. correct item, fast shipping great transaction. thanks Chadd
Fritz 70 - 6306 Bearing Puller
Fritz 44 - Dizzy Puller
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SkooobaSteve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad bough a handle from me paid fast easy to deal with.
Thanks,
Jonathan
Romans 6:13
WTB 67 beetle rear seat belts.
59 Euro ragtop build with my dad
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=493553&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
65 dlx Slow build
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=391061
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Darkhorse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another case of paypal dispute that chad didn't ship! Come on man I sent u multiple emails, private messages, and even messages through paypal.....no answer?????
Steve Velazquez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone heard from ratlook, Chad Magee lately? I've been trying to get a hold of him since 8-20-14. I've tried calling him(goes straight to voicemail), e mails, texts , and P.M. and still no response back. Chad if you see this get in contact with me.
vwfanatic67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's on vacation in england. Not sure though.

SBS #74
52 Split Beetle
60 Panel
65 Notchback
More if my wife would let me!
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Back from England Reply with quote

Back from England tonight. Been gone for 25 days. If you have sent me emails I will get to them over the next few days. Thank you for your patience. Chadd
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lahucheapin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm buying a pair of dome light from him. I just receive-it and i can tell-you that are more beautifull than expected. I command other stuff from him and this will be not the last one... Very happy. A little bit slow for shipping, but he said that on his ads, so no surprise... Wink Reasonnable price and very good shipping cost. I recommand-him for all your used parts.
customcityjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chadd came to my shop today and we had a nice time gathering parts and stuff that he needed. Everything worked out very well. I think both of us were pleased with the transaction. For you people buying parts from Chadd, he is a nice guy to deal with and very fair on buying and selling. He is out looking for your parts very hard and doing a very good job at getting the best parts he can find at prices that is reasonable to afford. I feel he is doing a valuable service for the VW community. Finding the hard to find parts so you all have a chance to finish your projects. Wait until you see what he's bringing home. Cool Good job Chadd, Stop by anytime. Iced tea is always ready.
CubsBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: RatliokVW Feedback Reply with quote

I bought a pair of 1967 Type 1 Reverse Lights from Chadd. He really to the time to find a very nice set for me. I would business with him again and again. Excellent transaction.

CubsBug - Kevin Cook
eurodub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a list of parts from him on the 14th of October. sent multiple mails and nothing, no reply. The parts are still on sale (not the one he has multiple ones, see the T handle ad and church key cover)
I would like to think that he is just busy and the parts were sent, but also i would like to receive the exact parts listed in his ads, not something he finds there in the shop and in worse condition.

Parts list
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=249788 nos cargo door mech.
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1243496 cargo door striker used
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=458136 church key and holder
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=902725 engine lid prop with spring
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=477804 license lens and seal
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1491934 side bumpers , 4 pcs
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=458132 hinge seal , 1 pair
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1233255 rear hatch handle used
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=893451 church key engine lid cover
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1232718 interior lights 1 pcs.

Total incl shipping 200$ paid by paypal the exact same day he replied to my inquiry.
I have yet to discover why he replies to my mail only when i wish to purchase something and then zero customer support. I was asking for a shipping proof, tracking number, or at least a statement he shipped the parts, but if he fails to do that i know what my last option is.

I will update this situation as things evolve, a paypal dispute will be opened within 24 hours from my post.
eurodub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just opened a paypal dispute. Seller did not reply to my last email or to previous emails for that matter.

It seems this is the only way to get a response
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: found your purchase Reply with quote

found your purchase, thank you. your purchase and emails were buried in my inbox, found you via your email address with paypal.com I will get these pulled and on their way for you today. I did not see yesterdays message as I was working in the shop cleaning parts all day. one man show here, so emails are sometimes slow. got you handled now. thanks again! Chadd
57 Panel, 66 highroof panel, 65 Notch, 59 Vert, 61 Vert, 1969 Fridolin, 'Reggie ' 66 RV, 65 Pipe Truck, 65 RHD T-34, 70 dbl slider panel, 1969 Deep sea green sunroof automatic square, the greypoop-on, and a shit load of wheels!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eurodub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
i got the shipping info from Chadd and a lot of replies to my mails at once Smile
i will wait for the parts to arrive, closed the paypal dispute and hope everything is ok.

it takes patience , a lot of it actually but if i hadn't made a claim i am sure none of the parts would have been shipped a long time, if ever.

foreign buyers must insist more i guess, Chadd is mostly out of computer.
Thanks
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: people like you Reply with quote

eurodub wrote:
Hello
i got the shipping info from Chadd and a lot of replies to my mails at once Smile
i will wait for the parts to arrive, closed the paypal dispute and hope everything is ok.

it takes patience , a lot of it actually but if i hadn't made a claim i am sure none of the parts would have been shipped a long time, if ever.

foreign buyers must insist more i guess, Chadd is mostly out of computer.
Thanks

Actually, as I said via an email to you, since your payment was made, I went on two trips, one being a parts and car hunting trip to AR over 1400 miles. the other trip was over 1200 miles in one week. If I am not on the road looking for the parts, or chasing them down, you will not be able to buy them and get them shipped to Romania...... while you were waiting on your parts to be shipped, I shipped over 50 other peoples stuff to them in little to no time, some of them waiting longer than others.

One thing people have to understand is these parts are not in one building, I am not just sitting here behind my computer waiting for my next email to reply or I do NOT have a bag of potato chips open and stuffing my face with my feet up in the air watching emails come in and not replying to them. I am out in the shop cleaning, blasting, hunting, washing, painting, building, ect...... a lot of the time driving to get the parts. just because someone does not reply an email or two or three, does NOT make them a bad person, maybe they are just BUSTING their butt to better their life and get YOU the parts you need. Not trying to sound harsh here, but sometimes buyers sitting behind their computers having things to say, when they have no idea what it takes to get you good quality parts to your home. yesterday I spent most of my day on a wire wheel, cleaning bolts and small parts to fill a tub with over 250 POUNDS of parts to be ZINC plated, so when you receive these parts they are not only clean, but plated as well. THAT is the extra mile I go for my buyers, THAT is what I strive to do for people and the vw community. So with that said, you keep saying whatever you think you need to say on this thread, keep driving people like me down in the ground, I will keep HELPING people, HEAD HELD HIGH, smiling and shaking hands as I do at every show and every event. This thread is like a Traffic Accident, lots of people just have to SLOW down and have a look even if they know they will not like what they see. Have a GREAT day! Chadd
eurodub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chadd, i understand your point of view.

I commute each working day 100km one way to work and back, i am working during night and then off to the garage in the morning sometimes sleeping like 2-3 hours in 2 days. Life is tough everywhere and earning money is not easy. I am standing behind a computer many hours a day just because this is my "other" non VW job, not because i have nothing to do all day, my cars surely don't repair themselves Laughing

I work on my cars as much as i can with limited resources and limited amount of money, i have a June 1952 split that has a thread here somewhere that i happened to repair and get it roadworthy to say at least, a 1960 bus and a classic Fiat 500 that always need parts and a guy to crawl under and get job done.

While i am not trying to get you negative feedback, put yourself in my shoes, spending an amount some guys don't even earn in a month's work around there parts of the world, and getting no feedback whatsoever. I can tell you for me it felt like someone ran away from responsibility and being so far it's impossible to find and ask about my order.

For many guys here i am sure a simple mail "i got your parts shipped" would mean all is ok and no one will fill up your email account with countless mails.

Our hobby need guys like you , but if you can't get things done yourself maybe hire a helper? Smile
ratlookvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eurodub wrote:
Chadd, i understand your point of view.

I commute each working day 100km one way to work and back, i am working during night and then off to the garage in the morning sometimes sleeping like 2-3 hours in 2 days. Life is tough everywhere and earning money is not easy. I am standing behind a computer many hours a day just because this is my "other" non VW job, not because i have nothing to do all day, my cars surely don't repair themselves Laughing

I work on my cars as much as i can with limited resources and limited amount of money, i have a June 1952 split that has a thread here somewhere that i happened to repair and get it roadworthy to say at least, a 1960 bus and a classic Fiat 500 that always need parts and a guy to crawl under and get job done.

While i am not trying to get you negative feedback, put yourself in my shoes, spending an amount some guys don't even earn in a month's work around there parts of the world, and getting no feedback whatsoever. I can tell you for me it felt like someone ran away from responsibility and being so far it's impossible to find and ask about my order.

For many guys here i am sure a simple mail "i got your parts shipped" would mean all is ok and no one will fill up your email account with countless mails.

Our hobby need guys like you , but if you can't get things done yourself maybe hire a helper? Smile

I am not going to waste my day going back and forth with you on this thread, this is wasting both your and my time. time we could be helping other people, not worth it. I understand your point, I help dozens of people every day, and enjoy doing it. there is hick up here and there, and most of the time ends up here, in the SAMBA wasteland, people read this crap and think this is a good representation of the person I am. Well its not... I wish it would reflect the 1000's of people I help, not the few that gripe on this site. for this reason, I think it bunk, and should not be here till there is a fair way of leaving feedback and promote both good and bad, it then would reflect a 99% positive feedback for me, not just showing the few gripes I get from time to time. off to work, hope you enjoy your parts in Romania here is my direct line for you or anyone else that needs to text me if they need to reach me on any of their parts purchased. it is on most if not all my ads, you can reach me anytime so feel free. this way we can avoid any BS spread on the internet and this thread 1-863-381-2477 Chadd have a great day!!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Jump to:
Page 34 of 49

Jump to: