Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

60's Blaupunkt Derby Radio
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
KombiMarc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: 60's Blaupunkt Derby Radio Reply with quote

I picked this up locally, unsure of exact year and or model. Works perfect! Antenna is perfect, even had the plugs for all the accessory holes.
I haven't even cleaned it. The original owner did not have the tray.
She stated it was in a 63 split camper. From the description of the "orangish" curtains, maybe an SO42? Not sure, admittedly I don't know much about the campers.
Anyway, she said the Camper got wrecked, but this survived and had been at her dads house ever since. Parents both passed and they were cleaning out the house. I asked if they had any other VW stuff, for you camper guys, this will make you cringe, so don't read further:
She stated they "had some "stuff" in a couple canvas bags, looked like it was never used, had some tent poles and stakes, you know a tent, anyway we were going to give them away at the garage sale we were having but figured they were worth $5" !!!
I am guessing all the factory tents in a factory bag never used, $5 LOL. Anyway they had a nice jack and the radio so i grabbed em both and lamented about missing out on that garage sale!!

For those experts out there, how do I find the model number on this? I want to confirm year and see about getting a tray to put in my 65 Kombi.
I imaged search and could not find one that matched the "Derby" script on the front. The owes did have a bay window, but I don't think this is that new. Any help is appreciated as always!!!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Thanks Marc
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that same radio, picked it up for $50. It provides me with tunes in my '65 Variant.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oorwullie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the model with 2 short wavebands is 93700.built 1962 - 1964 as far as i know.

i have one as well, but you'll get a shock with the price if you ever see a tray for sale, the last few i've seen were several hundred dollars ,and no radio included............
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: