Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

71 bus won't idle
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peabody
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what your goal is. If you want heat, which is what those holes are for, you may want to look into what condition your heater boxes are in (rust) and if your heat ducts are all intact. If everything is good I'd go ahead and put the connecting fresh air tubes in from the fan through the rear tin to the heater boxes. Don't forget the fresh air tube rubber grommet that seals the gap between the fresh air tube and the rear tin.

If heat is not wanted or not an option right now you can seal it with anything that can stand the heat. I've used duct tape (not recommended), roof flashing, and even the correct way which is installing a rear tin without fresh air holes.

Good luck and keep learning how to protect your investments.
'74 Westy (parts)
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peabody wrote:
sgbdoe wrote:
With so many people saying different things, it's hard for me to go through the oil sticky or any other large topic and choose what to use. What would you all recommend?

You won't get help much longer with that attitude. Education is not for the lazy. I love to help those who help themselves and are of help to others. Many times you'll read a huge thread and learn a valuable piece of information that will get you back on the road again when you're stranded on the side of the road with no internet or cell phone service. I hope Tcash chimes in here with all the vital new bus owner information but I will give you the best advice given to me. Buy a bentley service manual and learn how to use it. http://www.amazon.com/Volkswagen-Station-Official-Service-Manual/dp/0837616352

That being said, I use 10w-30 in my bus and change it as often as I can. Good luck.

Oil threads are worse than politics and religion, IMHO. Just use a name brand 10w-30 or 40 and change at 3000 miles. Drive it sensibly, too....50-55mph will last a lot longer than 65mph...if you can reach that
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: