Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

2015 Manx Over The Falls - Buffalo, New York June 25-28
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
73SpeedBuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excited about this event! Mark, if you need any (long distance) help, let me know.
Manxter #39 on a 1971 Pan
Turbo-charged Subaru EJ25D (DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3923620/1971-volkswagen-beetle#

-Adam
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

243 days and counting. For those that are interested in attending this inaugural event, details can be found here:

2015 Manx Over the Falls – Buffalo NY

The weekend’s schedule is still in its early planning stages, but I can assure you that Marc has some great ideas in mind; a good time should be had by all that decide to experience this unique adventure. Please visit the link above on a regular basis for further updates.

Check out my videos on Youtube

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." - Dale M.
"When in doubt, blame it on the previous owner" - Gary0302
manxvair
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in! we'll be driving 1 if not 2 buggies from So-Cal in caravan "Shuffle to Buffalo" if all goes well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joescoolcustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, just to be clear, there are two events for the Manx Club.

1. Manx over the Falls

2. Shuffle Off to Buffalo

One is the fixed event held in Buffalo NY and the other is the trip that is over 1000 miles one way to get to the fixed event.

(In July 2014, the Manx Club had the Big Bear Bash event held at Big Bear CA. Then, the ECVW '14 trip was also a Manx Club event, which was the trip from the East Coast to the West Coast)

Everyone is gifted. Some just do not open the package.

Looks like it was painted with a live chicken,polished with a brick and buffed with a pine cone
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RedBaronofRedBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joescoolcustoms wrote:
So, just to be clear, there are two events for the Manx Club.

1. Manx over the Falls

2. Shuffle Off to Buffalo

One is the fixed event held in Buffalo NY and the other is the trip that is over 1000 miles one way to get to the fixed event.

(In July 2014, the Manx Club had the Big Bear Bash event held at Big Bear CA. Then, the ECVW '14 trip was also a Manx Club event, which was the trip from the East Coast to the West Coast)

Hmmm...thats great to know, Joe! I just thought we were a bunch of crazy people trying to see how far our buggies would run before we had to do on the road repairs (day one for me)! I had no idea that the ECVW was a sanctioned Manx Club event. I guess thats why we have the t-shirts, right? Laughing

BTW, if you can do it, the Shuffle off to Buffalo looks to be as epic as many of the previous roadtrip events (C2C, NORRA, ECVW) and if you can make time, get your buggy ready and go, I would highly recommend it.

My two pennies…your mileage may vary

I’m not a complete idiot, there are parts missing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RedBaronofRedBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and I was also wondering if we could make this a sticky in the forum??

My two pennies…your mileage may vary

I’m not a complete idiot, there are parts missing
frizzardking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Manx over the falls 2015 Reply with quote

Manx over the Falls is Now A Sticky, So check for any new coming Info !

2015 Manx Over the Falls – Buffalo New York

Buffalo, New York
frizzardking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Manx over the Falls Reply with quote

Hi folks ! Checking in from snowy Buffalo , Just want to let people know they can start making reservations , and reserve their room for Manx over the falls 2014 , at our host hotel Holiday Inn Buffalo downtown .
Mention that you are a Manx club member and ask for our group rate , which is $119.00 per night
Actually if you been watching the news every where but downtown buffalo got hit with three feet of snow , but right in downtown we only got about an inch !
Anyways Manx over the Falls will be here before you know it !

Buffalo, New York
Buggy Brian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it be thawed out there by then?
-(Scarlett) Manx Resorter #12 (R0012B931S) on 1969 chassis.
-Original Home built buggy that started all. I learned to drive in it back in 1985.
Manx Club Member # 4436

Check out my Loretta here: http://www.manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=3365Manx

Scarlett is getting a Makeover! http://manxclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=3745&p=24983#p24983
plasticman1432
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad there's a date for the event now....all I need to do is pull a few strings at work, and I'm there. Accomodations won't be an issue, as I have family all over the 585 & 716 area codes.

'68 Meyers Manx: M1689D815E

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
Gary0302
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Important "Manx Over The Falls" website update

I just received a link from the Senior Sales Manager for the host Hotel; Holiday Inn - Buffalo. This link allows for an automatic discount to be applied for those that plan to book a room during the "2015 Manx Over The Falls" time period. When using this link, there should be "MCC" under the Group Code in the left hand column. Please contact the hotel directly if you have any questions, 1-716-886-2121.

2015 Manx Over The Falls

Check out my videos on Youtube

"It's a buggy not a space shuttle...." - Dale M.
"When in doubt, blame it on the previous owner" - Gary0302
frizzardking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Manx Over the Falls Reply with quote

Hi All !
And Happy New Year to all!
Just a reminder that Manx over the Falls is on the Manx Club Calendar of events for 2015.
So start Making your Reservations now; check our website at East Coast dune buggies for More information and attachment linking for hotel reservations.
Also I have been in contact with Scott Drollet and he has said their about twelve Buggies who are going to be traveling on the Shuffle to Buffalo Tour ,leaving from California including Bruce and Winnie ,who will be are Guest at Manx over the Falls.
I believe buggies will be joining the caravan as they make their way across the U.S, so if you would like to join them , contact Scott for info about hotel booking Info.
Last but not least if you plan on venturing to the Canadian side of Niagara falls, you will need a Passport , So start applying now for it , you can go to your local post office and apply for one there and get all paper work !
You can even get your passport photo taken at the post office !
If you live in New York State you can apply for an enhanced driver license at the DMV It is just a small fee to change it and it is accepted at the US border customs to cross to and from into Canada and into the USA .
Instead of getting a passport .
Well that's about it for now , start thinking Spring!
More info soon!

Buffalo, New York
Dean1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note to say at the almost exact same time and place, there will be the annual June Jitter Bug event in Niagara Falls, Ontario (Fireman's Park). As I see it, both events will be at the falls on Saturday cruising, and then go to two different parks on Sunday, only miles apart. Might want to glue these two events together somehow and take advantage of the extra cars and people... Just an idea....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
frizzardking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: Manx Over the Falls Reply with quote

Just to clarify , we will have on run to the Falls on Friday June 26, 2015 ,
and on June 27th is our show and shine which will be in downtown Buffalo , location to be determined at a later time , with a special event later in the after noon , that Sunday the 27 th is a breakfast and farewell to our guests , who might then want to check out the other gathering.

Buffalo, New York
frizzardking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Manx Over the Falls Reply with quote

Just a reminder also this is a Manx Club sanctioned event , so you must be a Manx club member to attend this event , so make sure your membership is current and dues are up to date .

Buffalo, New York
vincent9993
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Manx Over the Falls Reply with quote

frizzardking wrote:
Just a reminder also this is a Manx Club sanctioned event , so you must be a Manx club member to attend this event , so make sure your membership is current and dues are up to date .

If you're not already a Manx Club member or need to renew your membership, you can do so online on the Manx Club website - Membership.

You can also checkout the additional benefits of being a member.
Tuned Perfection
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Dean 1 just mentioned, and as others have earlier, the largest VW show in Ontario, Canada is the same weekend in Niagara Falls. Fireman's Park is a nice grassy park with a huge playground for the kids and lots of shady trees. 2015 will be the 29th anniversary of the June Jitterbug show. Engine tear down contest, clutch eating teeter totter, engine blow, bouncy castle for the kids, food on site, it's a great show. Proper judging if you want to show your car takes place as you drive in! 3 or 4 judges will judge your car and then you can park wherever you want in the park.
The event starts on Friday with a drive in movie, Saturday John's Bug Shop in Welland has an open house, then at 1pm we meet at Fireman's Park to do an all VW cruise through wine country, ending back at the park for around 5 and free burgers from JBS!!! Sunday is the show at Fireman's Park starting around 8 and running to about 3 when the awards are given out.

It's great that there will be Manxes and buggies from all over the US and Canada in the area that weekend and if we play our cards right and work together, maybe we can get magazine coverage for both events from a fine rag like Hot VWs!

Feel free to PM me for more details.
frizzardking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Manx Over the Falls Reply with quote

Hi All,
Starting to get things and plans rolling with our Manx over the Falls event ,
Looking and reaching out for donations of prizes for our raffles to raise money for the Manx club , any donation Big or Small would be deeply appreciated ,or maybe something hand made would be cool !
Any questions please send me a PM or feel free to give me a call ,
thanks
Marc

Buffalo, New York
frizzardking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Manx over the Falls Reply with quote

139 days till Manx Over the Falls is upon us .
Hope this is all Melted
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Buffalo, New York
plasticman1432
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a line of Manx buggies double-parked in front of Frizzy's would make a cool photo

'68 Meyers Manx: M1689D815E

http://public.fotki.com/VWDave/
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: