Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Joe Bungartz - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 02, 2015
Ivan Fuller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Joe Bungartz - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a Hazet Logo tool kit from Joe advertised on the Samba, it was sent to New Zealand.
When It arrived I inspected the contents.
The 760 water pump pliers were Sears Crafsman, the 1850 pliers were repros, the 450 wrenches were current model 450n and there were broken clips on the case.
This tool kit was advertised/described as original & complete and I paid top price for it.
There was no mention of these problems (although a nice touch was hazet stickers on the offending items).
A couple of these items are of course the expensive ones!!
What really gets me is Joe will not reply to my emails.
Don't belive that what you see is what you will get from this guy, you certainly will not get a response if you complain.
These are the facts, draw your own conclusion.
busracer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a shame that joe has been into vws for so long and is a total flake. ive tried several times to buy something he has had advertised here on the samba....thought i had the deal finalized ...only to have him flake on the deal for a little more money. typical nowadays.
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see joe from time to time and buy stuff from him. never had a problem.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuñado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
www.L5VW.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just bought a nice NOS item from him and everything went great....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Envious
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually had the opposite experience with Joe where I was the flake and he came through as good guy.

I buy quite a bit from the US and have it shipped up to me in Canada with little hastle. This purchase wasn't one of those times. My first money order was returned to me because my handwriting is horrific and it was deemed undeliverable. I explained this situation to Joe and he held the part for another money order to be sent. I sent payment a second time by express post so I can track it and the post office lost it completely for two months. I gave Joe the tracking number so he could check on line to see that I actually did send it but Canada Post couldn't locate it.

I figured the deal was never meant to be until Joe emailed to say he received a two month old money order by registered mail and wanted to know what he should do with it. He still had my part and honoured the deal after all that time. The part arrived a few days after and it was exactly as he described.

Not downplaying other experiences but I have to give credit, in my case, where credit is definately due.
64 Type 361 L575 Nutria
64 Porsche 356c
56 Type 113 L227 Strato Silver
52 BSA C11G
59 Heilite Single Wheel Camping Trailer
56 Allstate Single Wheel
84 Vanagon Westfalia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=388225
abuspilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Envious wrote:
I actually had the opposite experience with Joe where I was the flake and he came through as good guy.

I buy quite a bit from the US and have it shipped up to me in Canada with little hastle. This purchase wasn't one of those times. My first money order was returned to me because my handwriting is horrific and it was deemed undeliverable. I explained this situation to Joe and he held the part for another money order to be sent. I sent payment a second time by express post so I can track it and the post office lost it completely for two months. I gave Joe the tracking number so he could check on line to see that I actually did send it but Canada Post couldn't locate it.

I figured the deal was never meant to be until Joe emailed to say he received a two month old money order by registered mail and wanted to know what he should do with it. He still had my part and honoured the deal after all that time. The part arrived a few days after and it was exactly as he described.

Not downplaying other experiences but I have to give credit, in my case, where credit is definately due.

Wierd, I spoke with Joe recently and he basicly stated the story you have here. He told me you were pretty aggressive towards him, but the deal ended up being completed as stated. Seemed like an upstanding guy to me.

I have money on the way to him, hopefully everything goes smooth. Honestly, I have no worries, seems honest to me??? I'll let all know how the deal goes. Again, I have no worries.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a good experience with him.

I bought something from him and a small piece of it was missing when it arrived. It was a small trim piece that obviously came loose over the years as the glue went bad. He searched through his stuff and found the tiny piece and sent it along, giving me progress reports on the status.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Envious
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abuspilot wrote:
He told me you were pretty aggressive towards him, but the deal ended up being completed as stated.
The tracking number I was originally using stated the payment was delivered successfully even though Joe told me flat out he hadn't received it. That's why I was a little heated when I was dealing with Joe. I later found the correct tracking number which showed the payment as MIA.

Like I said in my first post, I was the flake in this deal.
64 Type 361 L575 Nutria
64 Porsche 356c
56 Type 113 L227 Strato Silver
52 BSA C11G
59 Heilite Single Wheel Camping Trailer
56 Allstate Single Wheel
84 Vanagon Westfalia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=388225
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Beware Joe Bungartz ([email protected]) Reply with quote

abuspilot wrote:

How can you bitch, Hazet tools don't have a life time warranty or can be replaced if broken.

umm, yes they do, and yes they can.
Ivan Fuller
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re Being Agressive Reply with quote

Thought the facts might let folks decide whether I came cross "agressive".

Once we had decided that I would send Money Order for payment I sent within 48hrs.
Sept 24, Sent money via airmail and advised Joe by email.

Oct 4th, Hadn't heard anything so sent this email"Hi Joe,Any sign of those checks yet?, would have expected you to recieve them by
now.Cheers Ivan. (I lived in California for six years have a rough idea of how long mail takes 3-7 sometimes 10days)

Oct 10th No response to last email so sent this "Hey Joe,Did you get my email sent middle of last week?I need to know if you got the money for this tool kit? It is over two weeks since I sent it via airmail!When will you be sending?

Oct 11th Joe replys, he has been away, I respond "Hi Joe,Thats fine, just needed to know you had recieved, concerned that it may have been lost in post.Cheers Ivan.

Oct 20th Joe advises he has sent & I recieve tools about a week later.
Nov 3rd Sent this to Joe "Hi Joe,Got the toolkit the other day.There are a couple of things I am not too happy about & am intersted if you were aware.The adjustable pliers are Sears Craftsman.The two open ended wrenches are current model Hazet.The regular pliers are not old model I think if Hazet current model.Broken clips that hold wheel brace.
Am really concerned that these items were not mentioned in description.
I was expecting complete original & this is not what I have got.
This was obtained for the wife of a good friend of mine for 25 years for her to give him for his 50th birthday, I am a bit ashamed to give it to her as he is a VW/Porshe enthusiast for the past 35 years and will immediatly know things are not right.I am sure I can ultimatly track down the incorrect items but I think a refund of some kind is due to go towards getting these items.Ivan.
Joe did not respond to this email:

Nov 17th Now a bit more agressive "Hi Joe,I assume you got my last email.You must know I am not happy with what I recieved.The tools that are not original, 760 pliers $75-80, the 1850 pliers $50-55,the 450 wrenches $50 mean that I need to spend about $200 to make this tool
kit complete, not to mention the broken clips. Makes it a kind of expesive
tool kit!!I need some kind of refund or we need to cancel the deal and I will send thetool kit back when you send money.Please respond to this email before I start other options.You have defrauded my by mis- representing these goods on The Samba.Internet Fraud is something taken seroiusly all over the world.Don't assume I will not take this further.
Expect not to be able to trade on the Samba in the future. Expect that I will contact your internet service provider.Expect that I will contact your local Sherrifs Dept.Expect that I will contact Commerce dept in both NZ & the US. Don't be surprised if I or one of my contacts in the VW botherhood pay you a visit. I regularly travel overseas and have sufficient air points to do this at no cost to myself. I also expect to be over your way in the near future to appraise a 356 Porsche for one of my customers. Regards Ivan.
Joe did not respond to my this email either, he had the opportunity and I made the offer to retun the goods before any other action was taken.
All Joe needed to do was respond to my email, From 8000 miles away what options do I have if the guy won't even talk to me? On my first email (which I did not think was not agressive) I even asked if he was aware that things were not correct!

The goods were not descibed as they were! The add should have read "Toolkit for sale, nice original condition 4x tools not correct" 2 x broken clips I would not have bought it because I needed a complete kit for the reason mentioned in my email to Joe. As mentioned I paid top price for this, two complete original kits recently selling similar or less money on Ebay. So far it has cost me $170 to replace two of the tools.

This is the full unedited version with emails cut & pasted from my sent items, there are no emmisions.

Joe has still not sent me an email. I am glad he agrees with the course of events but only you can decide who is at fault and whether to deal with him.

I am glad that others have had a positive experience with Joe. I don't know if it makes me feel better or worse.

Fundamental rules for a salesman.
Rule number 1: The customer is always right.
Rule number 2:When rule number 1 doesn't apply, refer to rule number 1!
jsmitch11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: diff lock panel Reply with quote

I just bought a diff lock panel from Joe and everything went great! It was just as described. Thanks Joe!

My Van syncro conversion/restoration
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=535730&highlight=black+diamond
acioni
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: BUYER BEWARE Reply with quote

I can only speak of my experience with Joe Gunyan.
It seems that the feedback on the parts sales is mostly favaroble and the transactions involving vechiles are not.
My dealings with Joe are the latter.

I purchased a vechile based on numerous telephone calls and emails as well as a misleading ad posted on TheSamba. The pictures posted in the ad were tiny ( I’m guessing by design) so I had to communicate directly to get clarification. Joe told me the vechile was in “Very Good Condition and ALL it needed was a motor installed”. After many direct questions , I was reassured of the condition and negoated a price. After Joe quoted a price he turned around and raised it by $250. That should have been a show stopper - but because of everything I was told about the condition, I went ahead with the transaction. The next flag should have been when he refused to have anything to do with Paypal ( maybe because they would hold him accountable?) so again because of the “Sweet deal” Joe was giving me, I sent the inflated amount.
After the vechile was delivered and inspected I was outraged! Rust holes every where, sections of the body has been removed, junk transmission, insides filled with junk (maybe he just wanted to clean up his yard??), brakes shot, and the list goes on and on!.
When I called Joe, he avoided my calls by not answering or having his brother state “I can’t find him”.
After two full days of trying I was finally able to get him on the phone. I should not have been supprised, but his statements FLOORED me! When I described what the shop quoted (who he had reccommended for the engine istall - BTW - PROPS TO Mike @ Rocky Mountain) and stated I would expect a $1500 refund to make things right. Joe said I got screwed when I bought it and now you got screwed! Suck it up!Then he started laughing and hung up!

Apparently Joe has been down the road before and has covered himself pretty well as I am left with little recourse!!! (Thanks for trying Everett)
He TOTALLY misrepresented the vechile, blatenly lied to me and then laughed in my face when confronted about his actions.
Again, I see different feedback about Joe Gunyan in Quakertown PA 18951, but MY dealings have nothing short of HELLISH !!!

My advice would be to RUN not walk away from this crook!
BUYER BEWARE
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pm sent

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
mikterkris
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Feedback Reply with quote

I just purchased some parts today from Joe. I drove out to his place where he gave me a very nice tour of his treasures. It was a pleasant experience buying from him. I plan on buying from him again in the future if I need any parts.
Lagnaf54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Feedback Reply with quote

I just purchased some seats from Joe. It was all good. I really enjoyed talking with him and checking out all his stuff. I wish I could have stayed longer. Time flies when you're having fun.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: