Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Stainless Ghia bumpers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Ghia Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
56cpe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Stainless Ghia Bumpers Reply with quote

seems like I didn't press all the right buttons to bring in pictures from the Gallery
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56cpe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Stainless Ghia Bumpers Reply with quote

Some pictures of a factory Front Bumper on a Car we have just finished - 69 cab

Just for comparison
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CiderGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates?
56cpe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Stainless Ghia Bumpers Reply with quote

Got back Monday morning after a really great holiday - can really recommend Vietnam and Cambodia. Only problem was not being able to meet with PTT and Helen. Got a call from Helen on Saturday 18th asking when I would be in Saigon - I replied 20th. On 20th I got an email asking if I could come on 21st as there were "some things to go out" and could I call - I did call, but had the phone put down on me when I asked to speak with Helen????????????. I sent an email asking Helen to phone me at Hotel - nothing happened. Got an email late morning 20th, saying Helen now had to go on a "Business trip" with her Boss. By that time I had had enough. I had come prepared to help, Drawings, pictures diagrams and measurements etc. Now I don't care anymore. You would think that Helens Boss, if He really exists, would have made some provision for me to talk to someone with some technical background, instead of letting His salesperson handle this 8 year /500 email problem. I am signing off on this and I will not be buying any badly made Bumpers until they get it right. It is about time this shadow man Boss got involved and stop taking our money for a product that is not well made.
Regards Jerry
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's very disappointing Jerry. It looks like the enthusiasts are the only ones interested in getting things right.

PTT have had everything needed to get things right and they seem to have thrown it back in our faces...is this any way to run a business. I suspect they will only respond when the orders dry up...they'll scratch their heads and wonder why.

Thanks very much Jerry, we appreciate all the time you've taken on this issue. Pity they found your free input to aid their profitability too costly to even consider meeting you.

"Sorry" will not be good enough Mrs/Mr PTT, whoever you are.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
jpjohns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Helen is the boss and is avoiding you.

"Scrapyards are for quitters" - Beetlenut (a Samba member)
c21darrel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
hanks very much Jerry, we appreciate all the time you've taken on this issue. Pity they found your free input to aid their profitability too costly to even consider meeting you.

X2!!
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=693583&highlight=67+dc
photoghog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject: ptt marketing on facebook now Reply with quote

Noticed an ad on the karmann ghia facebook group advertising these bumpers. Of course, came to the samba to investigate and found this thread. Sent some communication to a lady named Mary with ptt mentioning the aforementioned quality problems and got assurance that all had been fixed along with offer for references from the u.s. given Helen's lack of reply, I won't purchase until I hear of a positive experience.
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: ptt marketing on facebook now Reply with quote

photoghog wrote:
Noticed an ad on the karmann ghia facebook group advertising these bumpers. Of course, came to the samba to investigate and found this thread. Sent some communication to a lady named Mary with ptt mentioning the aforementioned quality problems and got assurance that all had been fixed along with offer for references from the u.s. given Helen's lack of reply, I won't purchase until I hear of a positive experience.

Well my feeling with the fitment issue is that Jerry Heldt (56cpe) put in a lot of effort to try to assist "PTT Bumpers" in correcting the fit of the front bumpers. After a lot of assurances from PTT that they would and have corrected the fit I don't see the photographic evidence to back it up.

When you consider how many people are watching this topic...some of them, potentially BIG customers like Scott Dempster of "KGPR", Mike Gregory of "House of Ghia", Jerry Heldt himself as a parts supplier and restorer of KGs in Australia...if the problems had been solved "PTT" would be all over this topic shouting it from the rooftops.

I don't mean just a bland, "Yes the problems have been corrected" but pictures and testimonies from recent happy customers. Confused
SoCalJes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been waiting for a positive response about these too but gave up and I'm sending my originals to be straightened and rechromed back in Cali.
Just because it didn't come that way, doesn't mean it shouldn't have.
VeloMikey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still waiting to hear if the front bumper end bolt threads have been repositioned then I will purchase a set.

Ghia Build Thread https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=768748
mungouk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COME ON PTT!!!!!!!! Rolling Eyes
We're all waiting here!!! There must be thousands of dollars
of orders waiting for a fix that shouldn't be big deal.........
68vwfasty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I wandered onto the Ghia site looking for something else but saw this thread and was curious to see what was happening on SS bumpers.

I have a Type 3 and purchased bumpers from PTT this year. Everything went very smoothly and the quality and fit was very good. But these are all hand made so I can imagine that not everyone might get the same results.

Type 3 bumpers are pretty simple compared to Ghia so I can see where the hand made problems could get exponentially worse.

Not everything was perfect don't get me wrong. The finish was good but I could see buffing marks here and there and I did give them feedback on that.

Also my original over riders would not fit, but they include those so I was OK with that. But just emphasizing that these are hand made.

And the hardware they included was of little use.

My correspondence was with Rooney. He was very anxious to be helpful and I did ask that they not include the fog light holes that they had put in other peoples orders and they did not. There were no backup light holes and that is because the sample they have on hand did not include them.

It is disappointing that they have not listened and resolved the issues you Ghia folks are having.
helen_nguyen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT 'S TIME TO SPEAK OUT OF ME. THESE ARE SOME FEEDBACK OF SOME CUSTOMER WHO BOUGHT BUMPER FROM US. ALL KIND OF BUMPER STILL WELL AND I WILL TAKE SOME PHOTO FOR VW KARMANN GHIA EU FOR EVERYONE. IT WAS FIT WELL FROM A CUSTOMER HELP.

sirzo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Helen missed the point!?!

Her post appears to be a bit of a cop out...looking like either she just doesn't get the issue Shocked or does not think it worthy of rectifying Crying or Very sad , or just doesn't care Evil or Very Mad ... all poor business decisions.

I don't think this post has been too negative on the later Ghia bumpers.

The issue I see from reading the posts are the earlier bumper bars, especially the ones with overriders (US not EU Helen!!!).

I am sure the pictures that John was referring to were the pictures showing the angle-of-attachment point issues that appear to have been documented to death ... argumentum ad nauseam!

If the bumpers were jigged properly (prior to welding) and the fitment improved, I am sure that the increase in sales would be very worth while... Her problem then would be other competing companies that may copy & jump on her band wagon (in true SE Asian tradition!).

If needed, I know plenty of Vietnamese people here in Sydney if we wanted to make sure she understands the issue by getting something translated & sent to her.

56cpe Jerry's phenomenal & valiant attempt/effort to put aside holiday time to visit & assist her should not go to waste.

Her avoiding him while he was in Vietnam is a bit disturbing though.

I am willing to try and give it a go for the team (least I can do) if wanted.

I deal with Vietnamese businesses all the time (including Vietnamese importers in Australia).

FWIW, I have a good track record in getting VBs to change practices (I'm a State govt food inspector).

Who knows... I have nothing to lose but time.

regards

Peter
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you're spot-on there Peter.

I don't want to keep on posting here...it just means more for people to read in this epic saga, when what's really needed are corrections to the fit of these bumpers. The areas that need attention are well documented here, even in the feedback that Helen herself has provided.

The problems are well laid out in the recent posts of Jerry Heldt (56cpe): http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7390658#7390658
photoghog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: I am just curious Reply with quote

Helen,
why would you not meet Jerry when he was willing to give of his holiday time gratis to look at your product and help you to fix the quality issues that your company has experienced?
jpjohns
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if someone could send her a correct bumper for them to compare and measure? I mean, I have the rear bumper off of mine that has rusty holes in it but no front. Maybe if someone could get them a set they will understand. I think, IMO, its a communication issue myself. I work here with the Japanese and we have that kind of thing all the time.

I may be to trusting of people sometimes but I don't think they are really out to screw people, I think they are just misunderstanding. I think the getting a Vietnamese person to translate would be an awesome idea.

I follow this thread because I will be needing a full set of bumpers when the time comes and PTT seems to be the only affordable option.

"Scrapyards are for quitters" - Beetlenut (a Samba member)
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are going on behind the scenes here at the moment...in contact with PTT.
ernstben
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpjohns wrote:
I think, IMO, its a communication issue myself. I work here with the Japanese and we have that kind of thing all the time.

I may be to trusting of people sometimes but I don't think they are really out to screw people, I think they are just misunderstanding. I think the getting a Vietnamese person to translate would be an awesome idea.

I've been keeping tabs on this thread after buying my PTT bumpers and having a great experience. I tend to agree with this assessment. In my dealings with PTT, they made a remarkable attempt at customer service despite the distance/language barrier.

I'm hopeful that this works out as a win/win for everyone.

'63 Ghia Coupe Project
'59 Panel Project
'56 Ragtop Project

Last edited by ernstben on Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Ghia All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Jump to:
Page 25 of 42

Jump to: