Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bulli Brigade XXI - November 8, 2014 - Clearwater, FL
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my65vert wrote:
crukab wrote:
doveblue3 wrote:
j.pickens wrote:
I agree.
Robert Kennedy and his team did a great job, and I was pleasantly surprised by the staff at Quaker Steak and Lube. The outdoor seating for lunch at the show was really nice. I'm not a big fan of parking lot shows in general, but with the facilities of the restaurant and hotel available, this is as good as it gets for this type of show.

I know I'll be back.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Nice selfie John!

UMmmmmm, I think that's Roger N., the west coast JDot... Confused

Ummmmm, I think you missed the joke. Confused

Not the 1st time ..... Laughing

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
MrPolak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More to come... busy catching up at work!

ricekooker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who helped put on the show. It was odd not seeing buses at Ft. Desoto but we had a great time overall.
58deluxerag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and Todd talkin' about Binz's.

'58 Binz
'58 Beetle Ragtop
'65 Sundial
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my65vert wrote:
crukab wrote:
doveblue3 wrote:
j.pickens wrote:
I agree.
Robert Kennedy and his team did a great job, and I was pleasantly surprised by the staff at Quaker Steak and Lube. The outdoor seating for lunch at the show was really nice. I'm not a big fan of parking lot shows in general, but with the facilities of the restaurant and hotel available, this is as good as it gets for this type of show.

I know I'll be back.

Nice selfie John!

Mike, did you make it to Bullibrigade?
If so, I totally managed to miss seeing you all weekend.

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my65vert wrote:
crukab wrote:
doveblue3 wrote:
j.pickens wrote:
I agree.

I know I'll be back.

Nice selfie John!

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mr. Unpopular
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to say that I had a nice time at this show, but I do have a "complaint".

Some friends and I stopped by the show on our way home from Kips party. We rolled into QSL about 8:30 and were directed to park our beetle's across the street, even though half of the parking lot was empty. In doing so, we discovered it would cost us $5 to park there. While walking around later, we saw that they apparently had opened up the rest of the parking lot to spectators, including a minivan, Cadillac, and a ford focus wagon. So our reward for driving air-cooleds to the show and showing up early was having to pay $5 to park, while those that showed up later in non VW's got free parking on site. I'm used to being shunned for not being blessed with owning a split bus, but I think it's unfortunate how that worked out.

I hope this is addressed next year.
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j.pickens wrote:
my65vert wrote:
crukab wrote:
doveblue3 wrote:
j.pickens wrote:
I agree.

I know I'll be back.

Nice selfie John!

I did not make it down. Had to pick up a friend at the airport in jax on saturday coming in from Afghanistan.
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
pblanco10
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Job Rob!

I think this venue is perfect for the show, cant wait for next year.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotoroadie wrote:
Here's a link to some of my pics from this years event. We traveled from Ft. Myers, in my brothers '64 Kombi with the Fulton visor, to Tampa area for the Rare&Unique, BulliBrigade, BugJamCruise & BugJam events.

Open link or copy&paste to your browser then click on top left image, then u can arrow thru the images.

enjoy,
bobby

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128598069@N07/sets/72157649238265766/

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
73sedan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great show people. Really nice venue. Worht the $5 parking fee. Lol. Now if I can only find that lady who was selling the repop gas cans........
rkennedy5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Thank you's and Second T-shirt run. Reply with quote

Hoping this finds all of our traveler’s safe and sound back home from BBXXI and ready for the Holiday Season!

First, I’d like to thank to all who participated in this year’s Bulli Brigade weekend, the 124 Split bus drivers who made the journey, and the many who volunteered their time and efforts to make it happen!

It is always great seeing old friends and meeting new acquaintance at our annual Bulli Brigade. With great weather and “The Slam” back in full force, I don’t think we could have asked for a better weekend of gatherings! (Thanks Kip!)

Bill Church and his crew at Quaker Steak and Lube were most accommodating and we were enthusiastically invited back to the venue for BBXXII.

Vendors, Thank you for bringing out your best and making the most of tight quarters!!! The space issue was addressed prior to wrapping up this year’s meet and I’m excited to have busses and vending in the same lot for BBXXII. Also, Vendors being in the QS&L lot could potentially free up additional spectator parking in an area much closer to the meet location depending of course on the new building ownership. I will be following up on that during the year in hopes of securing that property for Bulli Brigade 2015.

I’d also like to thank those who have given the positive encouraging feedback over the last couple of weeks and thank you to those pointing out areas of concern so that they can best be remedied.

Additionally, many of us had the opportunity to meet guest from Japan, France, and Puerto Rico just to name a few. Thank you for being a part of this year’s event and we hope to see you again next year.

Lastly, there have been many requests for Bulli Brigade XXI T-shirts. If you did not get a shirt this year and would like to place an order, I am doing another shirt run. Colors available are either Black or Charcoal. I will be placing the ad under the Other VW/Porsche related tab on the Samba (for those who didn’t see this post). If you’d like a shirt/shirts, please place your via the following PayPal account: [email protected]

Please put the address you would like the shirt(s) shipped to in the "Comments" box along with the Size(s), Color(s), and Number(s) of each item. Total Cost Per Shirt INCLUDES SHIPPING AND PAYPAL Fee. $21 per short sleeve shirt, $24 per long sleeve shirt. Overseas shipping extra.
Bulli Brigade 21 window stickers are also available for $1.

I will be taking orders all this week and place the order next Monday (Monday following Thanksgiving weekend).

Congratulations to this years People’s Choice Winners! Categories and winners are:
Custom: Nacho Morejon / 59 Double Door.
Stock: Ken Hippensteel / 58 Single Cab.
Vintage: Iggy Deleon / 54 Deluxe
Passenger: Steve Cramer / 64 Kombi & Puck
Commercial: Jason Stratton / 65 Highroof
Camper: Bubba Corsi / 60 SO-23 Camper
Longest Distance: Greg Noble / 56 Camper from Olympia, WA
Best Breakdown: Jerry Gonalez / 65 Single Cab
Promoters Choice: Robert Cook / 57 Panel

Congrats to all, Robert

Last edited by rkennedy5 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
nimbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you's and Second T-shirt run. Reply with quote

rkennedy5 wrote:

Bill Church and his crew at Quaker Steak and Lube were most accommodating and we were enthusiastically invited back to the venue for BBXXII....

That's great!
my65vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it was a tie for long distance with J.Dot
I'm starting to get little wafts of bus stink coming from the north. Something about the unique scent of drivers seat padding when it's glued together with mouse piss and shit that really gets me going... and I'm smelling it! Oh yeah! Time to start loading up the equipment.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my65vert wrote:
I figured it was a tie for long distance with J.Dot

John received the long distance award, won by coin toss. Ann was very impressed with the pewter bus. John did log more miles on the way South, although I suspect we logged more round trip because Clara & I took a detour to Charlotte on the way North to see MaHk R. Cuddy also mentioned driving an hour North out of Philly to see his mother, although he only spoke up after the coin toss, so it might have been a 3-way tie.
doveblue3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Unpopular wrote:
I'd like to say that I had a nice time at this show, but I do have a "complaint".

Some friends and I stopped by the show on our way home from Kips party. We rolled into QSL about 8:30 and were directed to park our beetle's across the street, even though half of the parking lot was empty. In doing so, we discovered it would cost us $5 to park there. While walking around later, we saw that they apparently had opened up the rest of the parking lot to spectators, including a minivan, Cadillac, and a ford focus wagon. So our reward for driving air-cooleds to the show and showing up early was having to pay $5 to park, while those that showed up later in non VW's got free parking on site. I'm used to being shunned for not being blessed with owning a split bus, but I think it's unfortunate how that worked out.

Mr. Unpopular wrote:
Have you spoken with QSL mgmt about getting a permit to allow open containers in the parking lot? I've heard it was $600, but they do it for their weekly motorcycle meet. I think it would be money VERY WELL spent with this crowd Laughing

So you were OK telling the show organizers how they should front their own money to benefit the show, but you are not OK with spending your own small amount of money to help cover the costs associated with making the show actually happen.

Got it.
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the way I read it he is pissed he had to pay 5.00 to not be in the show while others in non-vw's roll right up without paying. pretty legit gripe if you ask me

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
eddiemoney
East Coast Scavenger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doveblue3 wrote:
Mr. Unpopular wrote:

Mr. Unpopular wrote:
Have you spoken with QSL mgmt about getting a permit to allow open containers in the parking lot? I've heard it was $600, but they do it for their weekly motorcycle meet. I think it would be money VERY WELL spent with this crowd Laughing

So you were OK telling the show organizers how they should front their own money to benefit the show, but you are not OK with spending your own small amount of money to help cover the costs associated with making the show actually happen.

Got it.

Mr. Unpopular
1. So you drove your beetle to the bus only show.
2. Got mad you had to park across the street and pay $5.00.
3. Then found out later in the day that people were parking for free in the lot. (at this point did you even ask those people if they paid or did you just assume?)
4. Then you come on the samba like a keyboard gangster and complain in public rather than directly addressing the shows promoter.
5. Then you enjoyed the free show, that didnt charge an entry fee for spectators, to look at a bunch of buses (which you didnt drive remember) that all paid $10.00 a piece to be IN the show.

now does that sound like a correct assumption of your account of the events of bulli Brigade weekend for you?

i would have hated to read your "complaint" if you had in fact driven a bus to the show and had to pay $10.00 instead of $5.00!! Rolling Eyes
p.s. youre living up to your screen name. Twisted Evil

instagram im_eating_pizza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ricekooker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it too early to start next years thread?
Tomasz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevery too early for that, this time around my bus will be there in 2015, I'm more determined then I have been in the past 4 years to get off my arse and start working on it, the race is on Cool

ricekooker wrote:
Is it too early to start next years thread?

'87 - 16" Syncro High Top (1.9 TD)
'88 - Westy (EJ25)
'14 - Jetta Sportswagen (2.0 TDI)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: