Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

So my 64 'N' Notch got rear ended. What to do?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
VWGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually was going to update this earlier, but honestly didnt see the point after reading all the comments. I called state farm yet again and they finally said they sent me a check... i laughed at what they sent and asked if that was for the bumper. My agent is supposed to talk with the adjuster tomorrow.

But since they cut a check i guess they are fixing it... wonder how many checks it will take?
VWGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, state farm says i can get a *new* bumper for $165.30. Anyone know where i can get that from?
rustyfastback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to say if state farm sent you a check, thats all you are getting. Last year I had a tree limb fall on my '96 F150 state farm sent an adjuster & they sent a check for the damage. State farm said since I did not take it to one of their approved body shops for the repairs they send a check for the adjusters estimate. My body shop said all insurance company's try to take the cheap route. Honestly I am surprised the repair shop has not done an estimate yet for the repairs needed on your car.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rustyfastback wrote:
Hate to say if state farm sent you a check, thats all you are getting.

agreed - there may be an additional check for an adjustment, but if you've received money from your insurance company, they've pretty much finished with you...

did AKK give you an estimate for the damage, then?

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, they gave me an estimate months ago. theyve (state farm) authorized repairs... that money has already been spent, so now time for supplements. thats how they want to play the game. they didnt even include half the parts on the estimate. adjuster never even spoke to me. State farm thinks it can be fixed for $2350. Look about right to you guys?
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VWGirl wrote:
yes, they gave me an estimate months ago. theyve (state farm) authorized repairs... that money has already been spent, so now time for supplements. thats how they want to play the game. they didnt even include half the parts on the estimate. adjuster never even spoke to me. State farm thinks it can be fixed for $2350. Look about right to you guys?

kinda depends upon what the estimate for the repairs is - which you haven't shared...

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know up here that if I file for additionals that are hidden & I inform the insurance company of them, it is always covered. The prices the insurance company finds are for LNQ "like new quality" aftermarket, used, reconditioned. If the shop has submitted the estimate, it will have a disclaimer on the bottom for time & hidden damage. If I get a price today & 3 weeks later I get the job, my quote is only good for the time it is written. Lots of games to come from this, at least you have some movement & they are going to fix it.
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eyetzr wrote:
I know up here that if I file for additionals that are hidden & I inform the insurance company of them, it is always covered. The prices the insurance company finds are for LNQ "like new quality" aftermarket, used, reconditioned. If the shop has submitted the estimate, it will have a disclaimer on the bottom for time & hidden damage. If I get a price today & 3 weeks later I get the job, my quote is only good for the time it is written. Lots of games to come from this, at least you have some movement & they are going to fix it.

It'd be real easy to spend $2300 on repairing and painting / powder coating the pan without even touching the rest of the car.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankmange wrote:
VWGirl wrote:

kinda depends upon what the estimate for the repairs is - which you haven't shared...

That sounds like straightening rack time to me. Shocked

Hell, it's going to be at least that much to match the existing sea blue paint. Shocked
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
VWGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My initial check from state farm (my insurance) has been cancelled. They are cutting a check to the bodyshop directly for a revised estimate. I honestly haven't seen the revised estimate, nor do i know the total of the check. Honestly i dont really care as my car is being fixed.

Nationwide (at faults company) sent me a check to cover the deductible... dont really know why as state farm would have reimbursed that, but good gesture on their part.

It seems that my claim fell through every crack there was to fall through with state farm. I had to do all the calling to them, even when they would give me dates and times they would call back. It was almost a comical series of events.

I still dont know how all of this is really supposed to work, but its definitely the most trying insurance claim i have ever had to make and has definitely made me question all of my coverages.

Since this has been a ridiculous thread that has more turned into a joke about how my car isnt worth saving and isnt all that special... i will make a new thread when the repairs start and link it here so this thread can diem i honestly dont know that this thread has helped anyone except those that have increased their insurance due to this.
eyetzr Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you may have missed some of the valid points, yes it has been a little bit of jockularity on your part, but also on the system. I think that it has opened some peoples eyes as to what to do as well as what not to do. Keep on top of this as it over until you sign off that you are happy.
type3nut64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes this thread has been comical at times and when i get on here and see an update i get a little excited to what might have been said today.

But in all honesty this thread started as i was finishing my square and helped me choose insurance and values to place on the car and policy.

It was helpful. thanks.
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VWGirl wrote:

Since this has been a ridiculous thread that has more turned into a joke about how my car isnt worth saving and isnt all that special... i will make a new thread when the repairs start and link it here so this thread can diem i honestly dont know that this thread has helped anyone except those that have increased their insurance due to this.

ridiculous thread, thanks to you... turned into a joke, thanks to you.... but those are two horses that have been beat enough....

when this notch is done and back on the road, I'll man up and say I was wrong...

when you release all the numbers and dollar amounts, etc.... I'll check back in...

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankmange wrote:
VWGirl wrote:

ridiculous thread, thanks to you... turned into a joke, thanks to you.... but those are two horses that have been beat enough....

when this notch is done and back on the road, I'll man up and say I was wrong...

when you release all the numbers and dollar amounts, etc.... I'll check back in...

HA! Look at 'Tough Guy'...
All Bad-Ass/Talking Smack when he knows it's a girl... Rolling Eyes

What’s That Noise?!?
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clatter wrote:
blankmange wrote:
VWGirl wrote:

HA! Look at 'Tough Guy'...
All Bad-Ass/Talking Smack when he knows it's a girl... Rolling Eyes

being a girl has nothing to do with any of this; if it had been a male in here, showing tthis level of ignorance, I wouldn't have changed a single word...

if you want to make this a sexist rant, be my guest...

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: So my 64 'N' Notch got rear ended. What to do? Reply with quote

So it's been 17 months. Any updates? Is it fixed?

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: So my 64 'N' Notch got rear ended. What to do? Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
So it's been 17 months. Any updates? Is it fixed?

Oh Christ - here we go!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: So my 64 'N' Notch got rear ended. What to do? Reply with quote

Spook & his crew at www.AirkooledKustoms.com are making progress on it.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2gs91pyi2kodk1m/AAAhxW9DzBULpw0J8TU_rKkZa?dl=0
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: So my 64 'N' Notch got rear ended. What to do? Reply with quote

Nice!
Some progress being made..
Good to see it being saved.

That's got to hurt the haterz to see this on its way to ending well!

Not a mystery why she wouldn't want to check back in here..
Rolling Eyes

What’s That Noise?!?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Jump to:
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: