Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Request for Help - Philly Auto Show Display Jan 30-Feb 8
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom_Kathleen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Request for Help - Philly Auto Show Display Jan 30-Feb 8 Reply with quote

I received an e-mail from Ed Buczeskie of Carlisle Events for some help with an event that they are participating in -

Hi Tom,

I’m reaching out to you today to see if you can help me find anyone in your club who might be interested in participating in a display that we are doing at the Philadelphia Auto Show Jan 30 – Feb 8. It’s called the Philly Face Off and it pits 2 displays against each other. This year’s Face Off is Import vs Domestic. In the end, it’s just for fun but there is a cash payout of $100 per car for the winning team. There is also a donation to charity on behalf of the winning team so it’s also for a good cause.

Anyway, I am seeking out some really cool import vehicles to try to beat the domestics! If you or anyone in your club is interested, the application is at the following link: http://invitationals.carlisleevents.com

If you have ANY questions, please let me know.

Thanks Tom!!

Ed

Anybody in the Philly, PA area want to show off their buggy? I know calling a buggy an import is a gray area, but he asked. Adam??

Thanks! Tom Iacoboni
Manxter #16, 1968 Meyers Manx & Kick-Out SS #16 (WIP)
Manx Club & CVA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SiggyManx#33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom….

I'll fill out the form…..although Adams car would be at home there.

Dave
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a Volkswagen, so it's considered an import. Ed sent me the same email. I'm going to try to have the Sterling back up and running by then. Might be fun. Then again, it has to navigate Center City traffic to the convention center... maybe not so much fun!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: