Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Someone should start a ACVW podcast
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
J1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Someone should start a ACVW podcast Reply with quote

Couldn't find any existing ones.

A la "This American Life" on NPR. I've listened to similar podcasts on other interests of mine.

There's got to be an endless number of interesting stories related to ACVW's over the past many decades. Maybe the Samba has the might, $, and the following to start something like this.

Sorry if this belongs in a different section of the forum, but the Ghia section is the only one I go to and I'm a bad creature of habit.
Samer1275
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if there's enough support for a podcast but I would hope for a YouTube channel. I follow a bunch of YouTube channels, many of them car related. Since so much of our passion for cars is visual, I think that medium would work better than audio.
J1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youtube would be cool too, but there's something more nostalgic about just listening to a story on the "radio". And I figure ACVW people are all about nostalgia!

I came across this podcast that is about cars in general, but it seems more like an informational radio show... http://www.carstuffshow.com/podcasts/

I for one would love hearing interesting and well-produced stories from all you ACVW diehards and old-timers. Not just about restoration but just memorable moments in general. I've read some Samba posts that seem to have crazy stories behind them!
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that like a bobber shaped like a bug???I think that have those already indiferent shapes sizes and colors,but there shaped like a bug not a bug,I dont know of any fish that eat bugs like ours.kinda hard to cast&whip back.I would hate to set the hook in a critter that had a mouth bigger than my bug it might just spit the hook out and eat me.that would be the end of my pond casting Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: