Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Synthetic motor oil - Thieving oil companies
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vdubyah73 wrote:
I remember it as Pennsylvania grade motor oil had high paraffin content. Maybe I'm wrong but I imagine top shelf synth oil carnival barkers also have to have the latest I phone.

Bill

iPhone huh Very Happy sounds like penis envy
vdubyah73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who me? Nah I'm happy with my stupid phone, The wife upgrades to the last gen iphone whenever new ones come out. It's how we stay in touch with the kids.

On synth oil, If an auto manufacturer recommended synth oil I'd probably use it, newer engines are built to tighter tolerances and would probably benefit from it. I wouldn't switch to it on an older used car as any oil seeps would likely turn to leaks. Synth does have it's place but it's a cost vs benefit thing. Not a be all end all elixir.

Bill

73 bounty hunter, sold.
'77 transporter, junked had crotch rot.
Dubless, but have a CPR built stroker waiting for a new to me Beetle
'93 Fleetwood Bounder 34'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vdubyah73 wrote:
Who me? Nah I'm happy with my stupid phone, The wife upgrades to the last gen iphone whenever new ones come out. It's how we stay in touch with the kids.

On synth oil, If an auto manufacturer recommended synth oil I'd probably use it, newer engines are built to tighter tolerances and would probably benefit from it. I wouldn't switch to it on an older used car as any oil seeps would likely turn to leaks. Synth does have it's place but it's a cost vs benefit thing. Not a be all end all elixir.

Bill

I guess you never heard of the corvette or Porsche, they both specify synthetic along with a few others. That old chestnut reminds of the one they used to tell about the prius batteries going south. We racked up over 225 thousand miles on one and its still running on the original. On those cars individual cells can be replaced for about 20 bucks or the entire battery for less than five hundred. Ah so much for myths the synthetic leak myth is alive and well too Very Happy
vdubyah73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read my post again and comprehend what I wrote about synth oil, seeps and leaks, manufacturers recommendations etc. it's a sheeple thing.

Bill

73 bounty hunter, sold.
'77 transporter, junked had crotch rot.
Dubless, but have a CPR built stroker waiting for a new to me Beetle
'93 Fleetwood Bounder 34'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vdubyah73 wrote:
Read my post again and comprehend what I wrote about synth oil, seeps and leaks, manufacturers recommendations etc. it's a sheeple thing.

Bill

Sorry friend we don't wear a tin foil hat here. I am well aware of how marketing works. I've also had enough training in things mechanical to know how lubricants work going all the way back to my military service 36 years ago.

Wait a minute youve blown my cover I am part of the grand conspiracy, it begins with confusing you about oils and lubes. More to follow tighten your wig. Very Happy is that a black helicopter circling over your domicile ?
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vdubyah73 wrote:
Read my post again and comprehend what I wrote about. it's a sheeple thing. Bill

Very Happy Yes it is read this and believe it -----> the two greatest dangers to survival are a passive outlook and a desire for comfort. US Army survival manual 21-76. Bill they are watching you.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vdubyah73 wrote:
Read my post again and comprehend it's a sheeple thing.Bill

I know , I know.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: