Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW body/rust repair in Wash. DC area
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
steveoutlaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well Lyons said that all they could do to mine was an oil change. Does anyone know any other places in Northern Virginia that will do mechanical work on vintage VWs? I stopped my oil leak with new gaskets but it looks like I have a tranny leak.
Walter4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been happy with the work that Monk has done on my VW. He welded and replaced a bunch of the front end that was rusted out. He also took good care of my engine and was happy to show me all about how it worked. For body work, he did some of it but then farmed most of it out. I think he'd rather work on engines and such.

When working with him, I have always found it best to call before I set out to see him.

He's recently moved his shop (Oct 2014). 1010 G Cannons Ct, Woodbridge.
prkid424
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: VW body/rust repair in Wash. DC area Reply with quote

Anyone have Monk's new number? The one on his site is not working....
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: VW body/rust repair in Wash. DC area Reply with quote

1010 G Cannons Ct. Woodbridge. Razz
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
prkid424
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: VW body/rust repair in Wash. DC area Reply with quote

Mike Fisher wrote:
1010 G Cannons Ct. Woodbridge. Razz

The address I knew, I was asking about a phone number? Anybody know?
steveoutlaw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: VW body/rust repair in Wash. DC area Reply with quote

I believe he strictly uses his cell phone. I would just go by and see him. He's very knowledgeable and will help you out whenever he can.
Customalways
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: VW body/rust repair in Wash. DC area Reply with quote

I live smack in the middle of the Pasadena and Severna Park guys....both are OK depending on what you need. I am looking for someone to look at a running motor and trans I pull out of a restoration i am doing channels in now. I am near Baltimore if anyone knows someone who doesnt want $75 an hour to look at things. I also need 2 Weber 34 ICT carbs rebuilt if anyone knows....thanks.
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: VW body/rust repair in Wash. DC area Reply with quote

Mark at Mark 1. 301-898-9444
07 Boxster
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: