Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

clock
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexwoa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: clock Reply with quote

nice mercedes clock. ... Smile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by alexwoa on Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pink kitty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're selling the clock, does it matter if it's VW or not? Just say it's VW like everything else you sell on eBay. Everyone already knows you sell non VW parts at ridiculous prices anyway Rolling Eyes
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow, folks think Hella, Golde, VDO and many others are the exclusive suppliers for and only VW. I'll bet each one said "yes" only on the promise of volume sales, not because the lure of being eternally married to one of the cheapest manufacturers in Europe was somehow appealing. I'd bet VDO made more money per car on BMWs for what was likely the same internals.

A better question to ask before fleebaying this thing on based a ruse is, "What car other than VW do you think this likely fits?" I won't even give you hint that often these gauges had a date stamp on the back...

Edit: wouldn't it be ironic if it got eBay repped as a VW piece, sold for $40, but it was really an M-B clock worth $400? Justice...

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
tomas persson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pink kitty wrote:
If you're selling the clock, does it matter if it's VW or not? Just say it's VW like everything else you sell on eBay. Everyone already knows you sell non VW parts at ridiculous prices anyway Rolling Eyes

Laughing This made my day.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
panicman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hitest wrote:

Edit: wouldn't it be ironic if it got eBay repped as a VW piece, sold for $40, but it was really an M-B clock worth $400? Justice...

...and that made mine!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: