Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Getting back into it
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
grvwsic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Getting back into it Reply with quote

Old fart blew it. Just got back from the CA DMV and spent two much getting the ’63 project registered. Lesson learned... before buying make sure the PO has updated registration and not have any back dues. Gees, got to use this noodle more. Otherwise, it will be tough getting started.

About 10 years ago, I had a few setbacks. Moved to a different city and left my cars behind. Last summer I stumbled into a garage sale and picked up a ’63 project. That got me going again. It’s a good thing that my sons stayed at the house where I left the cars in the side yard (Early ‘64 w/1300, unmolested ‘58, ‘66 w/sunroof), and in the garage a fairly stock ‘67 and bus. Nothing fancy, just drivers that kept me busy.

It’s been raining a lot lately…need the rain. But I hope it doesn't rain too much on my cars this winter. I’d like to get one running by this time next year. Hope it’s not too much for me. I would hate to start unloading as my sons have no interest. Thinking back when I started, the cost was a lot. Yep, when you’re making $5.25 an hour, two hundred dollars for a ’64 is a lot of money. Now, paid more for the project ’63 than the three in the side yard. Anyway, just glad to get my interest back.

Here’s a few pics;

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67jason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job getting back into air cooled VW's. most of us go in and out of the scene for a variety of reasons. me personally, while I have kept for the most part an air cooled as a driver i did spend a few years focusing on family and career rather then all the events and club meets etc that go on. Its only been the last 18 months or so that I have seriously gotten back in with both feet...and i realize how much i missed it. check your pm's, since you are local to me i sent you info on a Christmas Lights cruise happening Sunday Dec 21.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: