Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Liqui-Moly MOS 2
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

Run it or Not
yes
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
no
50%
 50%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 12

1961bluebug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not so lonng ago Porsche used MoS based liqui-moly oil as a first oil in their engines..rumor is they were receiving many complaints from customers due to "dark oil on the dipstick".

I use LM MoS based oil in my old high mileage VW diesel engine with great succes, but I do not use it in any of my aircooled engines for no specifical reason.

|82x94|

1961 Deluxe beetle, 1971 type 181, 1968 T2a Baywindow, 1973 Type 147 "Swiss Fridolin"(sold), 1966 Deluxe sedan (sold), 1983 "Silver Bug" edition (sold), 1961 beetle (sold)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ross UK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: liqui-moly oil Reply with quote

neil68 wrote:
I've used the Liqui-Moly 0W40 synthetic oils for many years in my Passat, Golf and '68 Beetle: http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/i...db=web.nsf

It is NOT snake oil. It is a high-quality German oil that manufacturers such as VW, BMW, Porsche, etc, accept for their cars.

I haven't used MOS-2 oil additive: http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/en_1011.html?Opendocument&land=DE

However, it should not be confused with molydisulfide products that we use for engine assembly...

This this the product I have used, its a 10w40 semi synthetic with their MOS2 additive ready blended in http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/en_1091.html?Opendocument&land=DE

The first product Liqui-Moly ever sold was the additive and the company still bares its name today but now it is just a tiny part of what they do.
PITApan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Liqui-Moly MOS 2 Reply with quote

Malocchio wrote:
Did a search and came up with nothing. Liqui-Moly makes an anti-friction product called MOS 2 which they claim reduces the effects of friction. I like the idea because anything that reduces friction and heat in an acvw may as well be gold to me and I'd like to know if anyone has used MOS 2 with positive results. Liqui-Moly makes a motor oil that is laced with the stuff and they claim it works well in ac Porsche engines because of the friction reduction. It seems it would work well because ZDDP is only used at certain temp levels and sometimes it doesn't work in low speed applications whereas the MOS is always working. I am going to run the additive in my '74 Tin Top camper with a 2000cc Type IV after I get the oil sampled to have an accurate sample to compare it to. I will also post up head temps with and without the additive. This will take time. I really hope it works as it seems tailor made to acvw's.

I'll bring this one back from the dead because I was just searhing and found someone else with the question---but perhaps some new answers are around.

I run the Liqui-moly oil additive in my bike (airhead BMW) in the crankcase with a high ZDDP oil. (Castrol 4T) The most immediate benefit is it's easier to read the dipstick! What I am after is plating the cam, lifters and timing gears to reduce wear during cold starts. You use very little. No effect on smoothness, gas mileage, engine temps or power. No effect on the filter and I tear down my filters at oil changes and go over them with a scope.

I also use the Lubrimoly gear oil additive in the rear bevel drive to reduce wear. Plate the gears. That drive is very expensive. I have no data on any changes in running temps.

I do not use it in the bike tranny because there are some very fine lube passages at risk for clogging. (it's a dry clutch about the same size as the beetle)

I picked up my long block @ Painters today and asked them but they had no experience using it.

So anybody gotten 280,000 miles out of a block with some moly additive?

BTW, I also use moly assembly pastes, different deal. I use Honda Moly 60 high moly paste on clutch and drive splines. THE spline lube. Get at a Honda motorcycle shop or online.
morymob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about 'MOTORCOAT', sold at your local flaps, ex trucker friend 's info it's used in trans & diff's on those rigs. Looked at a can, 'shake before using' dont quite set with me.too much like that old slick-50 fiasco & stp crap.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: