Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Type 3 cars and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 363, 364, 365 ... 533, 534, 535  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeeJeeJason wrote:
Ok ...Thoughts please.

I got some help finding a set of rear fenders for my square, but they're asking 175 per fender and I'll have to pay shipping. The fenders are very straight with some rust on the bottom corners near the wheels, but overall very good condition (and they match the color of my car)

I offered 125 per fender, even 150 per fender....but they won't budge. Thoughts on the price they're asking? That's about 400 bucks for two fenders and shipping in the end...more than I wanted to pay but they're exactly what I was looking for.

The fenders are worth what you're willing to pay. If you're not willing to pay the seller's price, they're not worth that amount to you. They obviously value the parts higher than you do, thus an impasse.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JeeJeeJason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ataraxia wrote:
JeeJeeJason wrote:
Ok ...Thoughts please.

I got some help finding a set of rear fenders for my square, but they're asking 175 per fender and I'll have to pay shipping. The fenders are very straight with some rust on the bottom corners near the wheels, but overall very good condition (and they match the color of my car)

I offered 125 per fender, even 150 per fender....but they won't budge. Thoughts on the price they're asking? That's about 400 bucks for two fenders and shipping in the end...more than I wanted to pay but they're exactly what I was looking for.

The fenders are worth what you're willing to pay. If you're not willing to pay the seller's price, they're not worth that amount to you. They obviously value the parts higher than you do, thus an impasse.

Impasse, good word.

Well I'm going to pay it in the end if he won't budge because it's a good match for the car but was hoping to get some validation that I am not a cheap ass....

Maybe I am a cheap ass.
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeeJeeJason wrote:
ataraxia wrote:
JeeJeeJason wrote:
Ok ...Thoughts please.

Impasse, good word.

Well I'm going to pay it in the end if he won't budge because it's a good match for the car but was hoping to get some validation that I am not a cheap ass....

Maybe I am a cheap ass.
I think you'd be better off driving down to ISP West and buying some there. You'll probably be ahead of the game and be able to get ones that don't need work.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cory464
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeeJeeJason wrote:
ataraxia wrote:
JeeJeeJason wrote:
Ok ...Thoughts please.

Impasse, good word.

Maybe I am a cheap ass.

what would it cost to have a set painted? deduct that from the purchase price and see if it is reasonable then. I agree though, I hate it when sellers won't budge, but when you need it....
JeeJeeJason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cory464 wrote:

what would it cost to have a set painted? deduct that from the purchase price and see if it is reasonable then. I agree though, I hate it when sellers won't budge, but when you need it....

If that were the case then the fenders should be free Wink
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeeJeeJason wrote:
ataraxia wrote:
JeeJeeJason wrote:
Ok ...Thoughts please.

Impasse, good word.

It is my 'word of the day' and I had to use it in a sentence. Wink

They should be cheaper but they've likely added in a 'hassle fee' which includes the perceived hassle of packing and shipping them. If they told you the fenders were $75 each and the 'hassle fee' was $250 + shipping costs, would you still go for it?
JeeJeeJason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ataraxia wrote:

They should be cheaper but they've likely added in a 'hassle fee' which includes the perceived hassle of packing and shipping them. If they told you the fenders were $75 each and the 'hassle fee' was $250 + shipping costs, would you still go for it?

No because in that instance, i'd bitch about the shipping being too high. Laughing

I'll probably just buy the freakin' fenders and be done with it.
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeeJeeJason wrote:
ataraxia wrote:

No because in that instance, i'd bitch about the shipping being too high. Laughing

I'll probably just buy the freakin' fenders and be done with it.

I paid $300 shipped for one front fender and I can't find the other one...so things could be worse. I have a car with one front fender. Rolling Eyes
65Nsqback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just to think I have tried selling fenders for CHEAP over the years and I could give them away so they went to the scrap yard ... Sad
It's to bad both of you aren't closer because I would give both of you all the fenders you want ...as I have NO interest in TRYING to sell them ...but don't have the heart to scrap them (anymore) .... And ya shipping can be tricky and spendy

I'm Trying to help you.......but you don't hear me...
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ataraxia wrote:
JeeJeeJason wrote:
Ok ...Thoughts please.

I got some help finding a set of rear fenders for my square, but they're asking 175 per fender and I'll have to pay shipping. The fenders are very straight with some rust on the bottom corners near the wheels, but overall very good condition (and they match the color of my car).

That extra price they're asking, covers the "added cost" for the rust. Wink
Personally, I'd pass on them, and look for a better (rust free) set.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Donnie strickland
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1973 Fastback
Only $3000!
"All it needs is put back together"
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1730749
chaosisme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donnie strickland wrote:
1973 Fastback
Only $3000!
"All it needs is put back together"
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1730749

Ive never understood why people two-tone a car to make it look like a boat.

'68 FI Sunroof Squareback

'70 Westy

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"popout latch part & shit knob Price: $30.00 Shipped"

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1732238

Honesty in advertising... Very Happy
cory464
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ataraxia wrote:
"popout latch part & shit knob Price: $30.00 Shipped"

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1732238

Honesty in advertising... Very Happy

knob doesn't look that bad. Wink
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9000 Euro? I don't think I would pay that much for a type 34!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1732602

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
bobnorman
Samba Newfoundlander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a whine, but what a sad story. Shitty that the body shop stole the body, obviously it meant something to him, as he's kept the rest of the car ever since.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1734790

I could see this guy being a candidate for overhaulin: buyer pretends to buy it all, returns a car to him.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=289807
chaosisme
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobnorman wrote:
Not a whine, but what a sad story. Shitty that the body shop stole the body, obviously it meant something to him, as he's kept the rest of the car ever since.

I could see this guy being a candidate for overhaulin: buyer pretends to buy it all, returns a car to him.

That would actually be a really cool premise for an episode. Usually the scenarios are pretty hokey.

'68 FI Sunroof Squareback

'70 Westy

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobnorman wrote:

I was reading this ad the other day wondering what the hell the body shop was planning on doing with just the body... Think
squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why aren't there any shots of the exterior? I only see a house, and a couple interior shots.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1736281

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EasternNotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squaretobehip wrote:
Why aren't there any shots of the exterior? I only see a house, and a couple interior shots.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1736281

Lol that is aweful
1969 Fastback
1989 Doka AFN TDI
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 363, 364, 365 ... 533, 534, 535  Next
Jump to:
Page 364 of 535

Jump to: