Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VolkzBitz - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: VolkzBitz
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 05, 2024
ekrossi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim's service is clean, complete, and looks like a brand new carb. His service is fast. Can't wait to see the performance on my engine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
durhamghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Great Carb, Great Service Reply with quote

My only wish is that I researched, found, and purchased from Tim earlier. His customer service is excellent and so is the product. I've had tuning issues right off the bat with the previous, brand new, "vouched" for carbs. This carb tuned easily and runs great. I feel fortunate that I could get a German carb from Tim. We also exchanged a number of emails prior to the purchase and he addressed my inquiries perfectly.

Again, excellent product and service.
doublecanister
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Tim at Volkzbitz Reply with quote

I just ordered a replacement Pict 34 carb from Tim last week,
got it this Saturday. (twas bad weather couldn't do install yet)
Looks brand new for a rebuilt carb.
The order process was "super gravy"! Dancing

I emailed him a few times with quesitons which he answered and he sent me a invoice for paypal and bingo, 2 days I had a carburator!

Thanks Tim!
Tom T.
1966 - Mustang GT- Fastback
1951 - Ford F1 pickup Flathead V8
akear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I replaced my <2 year old Brazilian H30/31 with a rebuilt 30 PICT-3 carb from Volkzbitz and couldn't be happier. I was chasing a number of fixes for hard starting and other problems and the rebuilt carb solved so many issues for me. My '70 KG runs perfectly now. And Tim's work is amazing; you would swear you were looking at a brand new carb. Customer service is top notch too. Thank you, Tim!
EXJAY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job Tim! I sent him my orig carb (which has never been rebuilt if I recall) due to the typical throttle shaft leakage for a full rebuild. Pics say it all, I recommend his work/carb to ANYONE!

What I sent him..
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

What I got back... Shocked

too bad it now makes the rest of my engine look bad..

'74 Superbeetle (Family owned since new)
'73 181 Thing (sold)
miller0358
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: carb Reply with quote

Got my carb back yesterday. Looks better than new. Can't wait to install it. Thanks, Tim. Jeff
HapyBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to jump on the Tim@Volkzbitz Bandwagen.... awesome work. Yes he is easy to deal with and super quick, and its only two day shipping USPS from Ohio to Washington state, and yes they look brand new....

To provide detail, as Tim is all about the detail. I sent Tim 9 carbs to be done.. I had one arrive with a broken throttle spring mount / arm, and others with missing parts here and there.. not a problem for Tim at Volkzbitz. He fixes the arm, supplies the missing components here and there, supplies the gasket, adds the vacuum port covers... not to mention how he sets them up for your distributor setup..
Yes they arrive pretty and new.. BUT oh how they smell....... sexy!!!!
Here is the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G piece.. out of the shipping container, bolt it on, three pumps of the throttle..... VROOM!.. amazing!.. I have installed three so far and same results on each, oh maybe a minor choke adjustment, but oh the sound and quality!!

So there is the deal folks.... if you have the funds, get it done.

HapyBus
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more glowing feedback for Tim! Extremely fast service (2 days from order to arrival, traveling from Washington State to San Diego), the German 34PICT carb is beautiful and ran great from the first time. He provided great instructions and also included the nuts to bolt it on the manifold.

This carb from Tim is a bargain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
curtp07
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim really helped me out when I was in a bind, and he certainly went out of his way to do so. He will have a customer for a long time!

+1 Glowing recommendation....
Curt
ekrossi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim's service on my carb was superb. Car runs and drives spectacularly.
cgallery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Rebuilt Solex PICT 3 Reply with quote

After all my questions were answered by Tim I went ahead and ordered one from him and it was everything he said it would be and more. Took about 30 seconds to set the idle and mixture. Choke works great too. Great to have his craft available for all of us VW people. I would not hesitate to get another one from him for some of my VW friends. My rebuilds never came out this well in the past. Thanks again.
johnanddes
Satellite Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Amazing Reply with quote

I recently picked up a 69 bug with a tired, worn out 30 pict-2. It was time to upgrade. I sent every single core carb I could to Tim, and within a few short days (and many emails) Christmas came early with a brand new 30 pict-3 that ran STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX! I didn't have to do a thing to it. This carb was simple beautiful. I have had carbs rebuilt over the years for many cars I have owned (Keith rebuilt a 30 pict-1 then he went MIA). All I have to say is Tim's carb was the best EVER! It made Keith's look like Stevie Wonder put it together. Tim's carb was better than factory. You are the man Tim! I (and my car) thank you!

(Edited due to my fat fingers)

1969 documented numbers matching bug
1968 F250

Keepin the ISS from colliding with space junk
VolkzBitz Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its been another busy year for me here at Volkzbitz. I would like to thank everyone who has trusted me with their carburetor work during the year, and especially for the awesome feedback comments in the previous 7 pages. This helps others gain confidence in the work I do, and gives me pride in what I do. Ive loved Aircooled VWs for many years, and its a pleasure to have the opportunity to work on them and run Volkzbitz as a successful full time business.

All the best in the New Year to everyone.
Lets make this year even better!

Much appreciated.
Tim
Volkzbitz.com

Der Vergaser Meister
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary Haberman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: VolksBitz Reply with quote

Another very happy customer! Tim's prices are extremely reasonable-the carb I ordered for my '66 T1 came 3 days after I ordered it and it was BEAUTIFUL-it's so pretty that it makes the rest of my engine look like crap-now I have more work to do! I didn't know how bad my carb was until I replaced it-what a difference. To me it makes no sense to order some Chinese or Brazilian "new" carb when for a few bucks more you can get genuine German quality-I ordered it with the barbed fuel inlet-it's a nice touch. Thanks Tim!
disneyherbie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say that hasn't already been said. I'm a customer of Tim's 6 times over now. Simply amazing work and customer service. If you're in the market for a rebuilt carb, look no further than Volkzbitz...
norcalmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again Tim comes through with a quality product. This is the second time I bought a rebuilt German carb from him. for the price, I cant see why anyone would roll the dice on some new Chinese junk.
Fast shipping, easy to buy from. Ill come back every time
Thanks, Mike
peteandvanessa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son had an old set of Dual 40mm IDFs on his Bug. They ran well, but they were leaking through the accelerator pumps pretty badly.
The leaks were to the point we were worried about a potential fire.

We contacted Tim, since he rebuilt the carb on my Son's Bus a few months back. Tim confirmed that we could rebuild both carbs and check them out for issues.

As soon as they arrived at Tims he went through the carbs in detail. He does a REALLY DETAILED JOB. First they were media blasted inside and out.

He re-surfaced all the mating faces of the accelerator pumps to stop the leaks. Found that one idle jet was the wrong size, so he corrected the problem. Adjusted the floats, and replaced all 4 of the ball bearing throttle shaft bushings with new sealed ones.

They are now a work of art and look like new. I highly recommend Tim for all your carb needs. Here's a few pics of the carbs after they came back from Tims:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=568220&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

My Son's 1971 Bay Window Westie Build Thread:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7295189#7295189
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VW world is small and if you do shitty work word will get out, just ask at the guy that moved to the woods in Arkansas from Cali building motors,but I digress. I was looking for a carb for my 74 bug. I wanted to stay mostly original and I know nothing works as well as the German 34pic it came with.

So I decided to call Tim at volkzbitz. I spoke with Tim directly which is a bit of a throwback to an earlier time when you could deal with people directly. He asked specific questions as to engine displacement, cam,exhaust because all of this is relavent when setting up a carb. The thing that impressed me most was he was available on a Saturday afternoon. Outstanding customer service. So we rolled the dice and ordered it. The carb arrived today and its the best looking rebuilt carb I've ever seen and that's saying something as I've been working on VWs 40 years. Tim is that rare individual that takes pride in selling a great product and working with the customer. I can't say enough good things other than I'll be buying a few spares from him. As luck would have it I also located a few left over genuine Bosch SVDA distributors at bus depot. I bought two and they had two left, that was as of yesterday. Good luck my friends
Zundfolge1432 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Installed the carb I got from Tim. Engine cold but it started and idled right away this is the best it's ever run and I haven't turned a screw yet to dial it in. Thanks Tim .
NoBudgetVWGarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my throttle bodies back after having Tim re-bush them. Great job and a very quick turn around. Thanks Tim! VolkzBitz gets my business.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Jump to:
Page 7 of 17

Jump to: