Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

78 rabbit turn signal issues.
Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruskyvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: 78 rabbit turn signal issues. Reply with quote

To start off with, I just purchased a 1978 rabbit. Runs and drives very well the only issue that is stumping me is the turn signals do not work.
-hazards switched on all the turn signals blink like they are supposed to.
- when I turn on the indicator lights the green light on the dash turns on but doesn't click on and off.
-the running lights work fine
I've tried new bulbs and a new relay to no avail. Where is the ground located for the turn signals? Also my fuse box looks clean as hell. Any help is a appreciated. Could it be the control arm itself? The high beams work and the green light on the dash tells me that this isn't the issue. 😞
Past vws: 1977 Champagne Edition I Bus (Cedar)1991 Capri Green Wolfsburg Jetta 1978 Sage Green(Taiga) Transporter 2.0 FI (Paddy) 1980 Inca Brown Rabbit Diesel LS 1969 Karmann (funky weird blue that wasn't original) Ghia Autostick 1991 Bordeaux Red Vanagon GL 1992 Tornado Red GTI 8V
Bruskyvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused ?!?!?! Anyone?
Past vws: 1977 Champagne Edition I Bus (Cedar)1991 Capri Green Wolfsburg Jetta 1978 Sage Green(Taiga) Transporter 2.0 FI (Paddy) 1980 Inca Brown Rabbit Diesel LS 1969 Karmann (funky weird blue that wasn't original) Ghia Autostick 1991 Bordeaux Red Vanagon GL 1992 Tornado Red GTI 8V
Skinandbonez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having the same problem with my 75 rabbit.
stewardc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are any bulbs LEDs ?
Blu_Hare
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 78 rabbit turn signal issues. Reply with quote

Bruskyvw wrote:
Where is the ground located for the turn signals?

Isn't it on the steering rack? I think I had this same issue a few years ago and that was the culprit.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Water-cooled VW All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: