Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brim's VW Restoration New Hampshire
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiaGia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, YOU don't know the whole story...
New front shocks, steering dampner, tie rods? I never asked Brim to do that stuff, so I don't know what he showed you. They are not installed in my car!
That car was not hacked up by anybody before Brim got it. Did you see the rubber around the back window that Brim installed?
It is so messed up I can't put the aluminum trim on.
Yes, he installed the headliner, carpet and bumpers (which I bought). I gave him more money to do that stuff, even though it was supposed to be done in the original quote. The rear seat area was all in. Brim cut in the speakers and installed the carpet. At my instructions, it is inexpensive carpet.
A list of some things that were supposed to have been done, but were not.
The car will not idle....He gave it to me that way anyway!
The brake pedal will not return so the brakes stay on....gave it to me anyway! The clutch is badly out of adjustment.
All the lights DO NOT WORK....gave it to me anyway!
Nicks in the paint which were not there when I gave him the car.
There is more, but I'll stop here.
I don't believe there is anywhere near $4,500 parts and labor in that car, but Brim doesn't deal with paperwork, so how would we know?
I can only go by what he originally quoted me for a price and timeline.
It went way beyond in both areas and all the things I gave him the car for, are not done.
I am not going to respond to any more about Brim. As I said before, you can defend him all you want, but you won't convince me otherwise. The public can do whatever it wants....use him or don't.
As far as those still waiting for their cars...some have been waiting for many years. I hope they get them back.

One more thing, he did schedule a time to come to my house to fix anything I was not happy with....and never showed up. I talked to him a few days later and he said I would have to bring the car back up to his shop! It is not drivable because of the issues I described earlier. So I would have to rent a trailer again. The car is not going anywhere near his shop again....for what another 16 months?

Thanks again for reading....I'm done with this subject.
manyvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:53 pm    Post subject: say what you want.... Reply with quote

1965 VW sedan Body off resto (my high school grad gift from dad in '75)when brought to the shop - 350k miles... rough.... When done : (granted 5 years but I was totally ok with that)
top 25 (no first, second, third etc) at the Summer Nationals in Worcester (25th anniversary event) 4000+ cars judged! only non US, non muscle car picked.
1st in class at 15 east coast events, from Virginia to Maine.
1st in class, best in show = 3 separate events
Hemmings Motor Sports - Concourse d' Elegance in Stowe VT headquarters (invitation only) Best German Car - 2010.
Want pics? I got 'em. Look in the November 2010 issue of hemmings.. They have pics too! I've been around these gems for 40 years (father was VWoA dist sales mgr - northeast for 30) way I see it, if you want it done tomorrow and cheap go somewhere else. If you want it done right, and understand VWs and what it takes to bring them back by an expert, that's right-expert, this is my shop. also, rest assured... there are ALWAYS, 2 sides of the story. lastly, can he run a tight biz? Nope not really, does he communicate progress? could be way better. does he over comit... yup always, does the price match the work... yup - without question. would I and do I go back. yup! Brim has done 100's of these vintage beauties. how many are bitching, a few?? hmmmmm Click on my gallery for a couple pics.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fact of the matter is there is no way in hell it should take 5 years to do a bug, have it come out like shit (captain slows bug looks like it was painted with a roller, or chip guard you choose)

then, have the guy show up at midnight, missing a mother*cking door because someone goofed and the door wont fit. he may have been good at one time, consider yourself lucky.

I have witnessed first hand the crap he passes off for "restored" unreal...

I saw some of your photos. show me some like this:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

or like this:

you can't. he doesn't even own a proper booth. I guess if you are ok with waiting an eternity, having money siphoned from you once a week and having the most disappointing "restoration" of your life, use him.

he may have had his hey day years ago, but something happened. and you can't blame his accident either....

tim @ 401 was left for dead when he got stuffed into a guard rail on 95. all of his customers shit got done, and tim was working on cars from his wheelchair, and then his cane..

http://www.401restos.com/Pages/default.aspx

I will bet my life savings that there isn't a shop in new england that can hold a candle to what 401 does and the speed in which it's done.

to say "fast is cheaping out on quality" is wrong....every car tim does get stripped to the bone, blasted and then the magic happens.

and a little secret, tim worked collision for years....he can do (and has done) 6+cars at once. there is no wait time in collision, and tim has been able to take his skill of speed to a level that would melt your brain. you want fast, keep the money coming in. that's all it takes. I have seen him do a full car in under a month...

as mia ghia tapped out, so will I. good luck to any and all who have done business with him. after seeing captain slow's car I can understand why it sits outside....it's not even worth being put together. it is barely maaco quality. no way is it show quality either, but he paid show car money. sad....

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
rust
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: rust Reply with quote

Like i said before none of Brims compotion will ever say anything good about brims shop,because its all about getting more business for them! Thats why Chevy dealers do nothing but talk shit on Ford dealer ships! This is like that! Also, if you want to talk turkey ,just go to all the big VW car shows in New England this summer ,and you will see that more cars restored at Brims shop get the first place trophies over all the rest of the VW shops combind! How do i know this, because i go to these shows and i ask the winners who did the work on your car? And most of the time they say Brimsvwrestoration!
So, please come out this summer and you will find the whole story,end of story! Rust
manyvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: rust Reply with quote

rust wrote:
Like i said before none of Brims compotion will ever say anything good about brims shop,because its all about getting more business for them! Thats why Chevy dealers do nothing but talk shit on Ford dealer ships! This is like that! Also, if you want to talk turkey ,just go to all the big VW car shows in New England this summer ,and you will see that more cars restored at Brims shop get the first place trophies over all the rest of the VW shops combind! How do i know this, because i go to these shows and i ask the winners who did the work on your car? And most of the time they say Brimsvwrestoration!
So, please come out this summer and you will find the whole story,end of story! Rust

Bravo Rust. Well stated, and I have the hardware that backs up every thing you said. I do all the shows up and down the east coast as well, showing my '65 and drag racing my '67 bugs. So for all you bangers out there..., say what you want, we know you will.- I will say this for the umpteenth time, business man? not so much. Vintage VW craftsmanship? like no other I have seen - hands down - and I've seen a [i]few
over the past 40+ years. Do you get what you pay for? I did - and all the cars I've seen roll through the shop? yup, no question. Timely? no, not even close... but if you have the time...and are on a budget, perfect (for me) do it! For the most part his prices are very fair for what he does. Remember, with these vintage gems, unless its totally stripped, you really don't know what your getting into, and hence it defies good estimates. Don't let anyone tell you differently. So, ya, I got my moneys worth... and still do!

Bracket racing. I gave up 1.4 seconds. This was a 10.54 run
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/rogerakar...pj4pi6.mp4
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: rust Reply with quote

rust wrote:
And most of the time they say Brimsvwrestoration and hang their head in shame

he is not even a legitimate business. he works out of a converted barn, pays no taxes, can't "find help" because he has burnt everyone he knows

ask him for his EPA numbers too. I am sure he is in full compliance

http://www.epa.gov/region2/auto/

^^^^they want to know what GUN'S and BOOTH you are using. I have no issue with people working out of whatever it is they work out of, but go legal.

if someone wanted to hang him, call the epa. they will ruin his life. frankly, I could care less what he does......

congrats, you guys are "lucky" that your projects turned out good. I find it funny that he is hurting soo bad for cash he just about gave away a notchback and you 2 are the only ones speaking up for him when it is pretty clear that there are several dissatisfied customers.

captain slow's bug is such a piece of shit, it is sitting behind his house. he pretty much refuses to put it back together. it is that bad.

trust me, my definition of "show car" and your definition vary wildly.

every brim car I have seen I thought "this guy did ok for a weekend warrior" then they tell me they had brim do the work. all I can think is if people are happy with the work he does, I should have no problem selling oven roasted farts

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
manyvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: rust Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
rust wrote:
And most of the time they say Brimsvwrestoration and hang their head in shame

he is not even a legitimate business. he works out of a converted barn, pays no taxes, can't "find help" because he has burnt everyone he knows

ask him for his EPA numbers too. I am sure he is in full compliance

http://www.epa.gov/region2/auto/

^^^^they want to know what GUN'S and BOOTH you are using. I have no issue with people working out of whatever it is they work out of, but go legal.

if someone wanted to hang him, call the epa. they will ruin his life. frankly, I could care less what he does......

congrats, you guys are "lucky" that your projects turned out good. I find it funny that he is hurting soo bad for cash he just about gave away a notchback and you 2 are the only ones speaking up for him when it is pretty clear that there are several dissatisfied customers.

captain slow's bug is such a piece of shit, it is sitting behind his house. he pretty much refuses to put it back together. it is that bad.

trust me, my definition of "show car" and your definition vary wildly.

every brim car I have seen I thought "this guy did ok for a weekend warrior" then they tell me they had brim do the work. all I can think is if people are happy with the work he does, I should have no problem selling oven roasted farts

Whatever... just stay in sticksville, your location matches your mindset.

your comment: "you 2 are the only ones speaking up for him when it is pretty clear that there are several dissatisfied customers." shows your ignorance. If I really cared about you and was as ignorant as you, I know I could find 'more than a few' of eurocarcrap that you have 'farted out' too. so when you say you should have no problem selling 'oven roasted farts', I'm sure you already have. Good luck with that.

When things are done well, the customer is happy and goes on their merry way, in most cases never to be heard from again, or they come back with another to be done. He has had more repeat business than you have had business in total.... Its only when customers are not happy when you hear the crap. a few out of a few hundred.. good success rate and you don't seem to get it, there is ALWAYS 2 sides of the story. clearly, you need your hearing checked... you only hear in 1 ear...
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger.....

that's your name, right? you have no idea who I am or who I work for. so saying you can find any of my cars is a lie. you won't. because they don't exist. everything I post I own personally. and, not for nothing, I will gladly put you on the phone with CTDRS for my business license and tax id number....

let me make something clear as crystal to you (and anyone else reading this train wreck)

1) captain slow posted his displeasure with brim. to see the dog and pony show of him going to captain slows house and TRYING TO PRY THE F*CKING DOOR JAMB IN PLACE SO THE DOOR WOULD FIT THE CAR AFTER THE CAR WAS PAINTED TO "SHOW QUALITY" STANDARDS was a real treat. wish I had that on video

2) the photos of the red/black bug I posted are real. that car was sooooo poorly done, when I was at the shop repairing the car, there was so much paint on the car the paint was not even dry, and solvent pop was all over it

so I have seen first hand the disasters, and heard all the money poured into the cars by the owners who expected show quality. what they got was back yard hobbyist quality...for 20K.....plus captain slow IS STILL MISSING PARTS TO HIS CAR

so you keep defending him, which is fine. you are buddies or whatever...but yet you refuse to address the fact that he isn't even a legit business which may leave some of the people ripped off by him thinking they can't get blood from a rock so no charges/complaints are ever filed

as I said, I could care less about brim. he ripped off a friend of mine. but he will some day piss off the wrong person and that will be the beginning of the end for him

I will tell you what roger.....I will pay for your gas to come and see captain slow's car. you supply the barf bag and we have a deal, cuz you're going to need it. if you think that car is even close to show quality, I will pay for your glasses too

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
WM971252
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay.... Manyvws,

You say his cars win awards up and down the east coast, great... But how many of those awards are real judged shows. Myself I have awards for my stuff and I don't enter the show that much. Almost all of the shows I know of are not "real" judged shows. Participant judge shows are not real judging. BTW what I called real judging is AACA style judging. Even some of those depending on the class are not "real" (I have AACA judged shows and the people in the class I did was amazed that I looked under the car...).

Next you are only as good as the last car you did. I had a guy that could build a car out of a flat piece of steel and you would not know it was not a real car "finish" my Bus and it came out like s$%t (oh and then screwed over 2 more people in the VW world).

Then add that your are dealing with a small circle. At this point bridges have been burned. It will take a lot to build his reputation back up, and then again how good was it really (heard about issues back 20 plus years ago). It is sad that so many have had there dream go down the drain.
manyvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough.
Skills@eurocar... sorry... I didn't mean to be demeaning or a masshole. sorry, my blood pressure was through the roof listening to the half truths and embellishments. In it's most basic way, the work that has come out of that shop has been excellent (for ALL THAT IVE SEEN which is quite a large number). As for captain slows car, when I saw the car, the doors were not hung on it yet. so I cant comment. That sucks hard.

WM971252: The shows I am referring to are the Hemmings Con Course, Bugout's a the old dominion speedway, and at Virginia Motor Speedway, Worcester Summer Nationals, and of course, the shows that Chuck puts on every year in CT. I realize that the circle is small, and I'm not one to burn bridges either. But until I get burned, the bridge still stands. I am defending the work, not the character - business acumen -licensed or not licensed - background/history of Brim or his shop. the work (for me) is tremendous. I guess I'm either lucky or maybe not pushed over or forced to take it until its done my way. I don't know. that was always my condition going in.

Sorry if I offended anyone. It is not me or my intent. We are all very passionate about our cars and when someone fks with them in a bad way, I get it... I will fk with them right back! No car could ever mean more to me than my 65. My Dad (rip) gave me that car 39 years ago for my high school graduation. You can bet I didn't let anyone fk with it! Thanks everyone.

I'm good and... set straight. Regards - Merry Christmas, and a Happy and prosperous new year to you all! Manyvws.

(aka: Master Captain Roger A. Karr, USCG Certified MMC) I think I'll go fishing now, I need to catch peace of mind!
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no worries. merry Christmas!

not for nothing, the judging at New England shows is a joke. I had a 2 door jetta that destroyed the mk2 class for years....the 3rd year I was showing it, I went from 1st to not even placing.

I was told by a 'judge' that "it was time for someone else to win" I have no problem loosing, but for Christ sake, build a car that is worthy...not some rattle canned engine bay piece of shit with a loony toons character airbrushed down the side of it...

or my bus....didn't place and got a p/m (from here) from the judge that said "nice bus, great detail, but I didn't like the color" really?!?! some judges at the New England shows wouldn't know a nice car if it sat on their face and farted, but that's the joy of volunteer judging too

or my other bus....you can see your retina's in my frame rails. didn't even place at transporter fest, yet some jacked up short bus took first.

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
Jonandalyce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG! I too, am being "Taken" by Brim. He has had my car going on 8 YEARS! Still not done. All I have got for the last 7 years is promise after promise and no results! He has constantly drained us of money as well over the years. He would call up and say he needed a $1000 and he would finish our car by such and such a date...and it never happened. We always fell for his sob stories because we wanted our VW so bad. NO MORE! now he is never at his shop and won't answer our calls. I am so sick about all of this....we trusted him and put so much faith in him. Basically, he STOLE our money to live on...then he takes another job and uses that money. Conning us all! He is the ultimate CON ARTIST! I think we should ALL work together and take him to court. He belongs in Jail! All this has got to stop! Anyone in? I'm at a loss in what to do! I went to his shop yesterday. drove 3 hours each way...was suppose to meet me...all locked up...he has done this so many times to me. I saw another VW ready to be worked on. He's taking another person...I have his name and will contact him to try to save him from what we are going through. I will do anything to bring what he is doing to light. All VW clubs need to be contacted to stay away from this guy! Please let me know if anyone wants to join forces and see what we can do to recoup our money!!!
sqairback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Saga continues........ so sad. Go to Tim or Johns aircooled or Stan or anyone besides this guy
Jonandalyce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone give me a name of another VW restorer in New Hampshire or in New England? Has anyone out there still have a car with Brim? We have given him until May 9th to complete ours! (that will bring it to 7 1/2 years) We've done everything in our power to work with him...even to the extent of my husband giving him free labor and still no results. I'm thinking of having another restorer look at my car and see exactly how much money they think is in my car now and take my car back and have Brim pay me to have someone else complete it. Has anyone done that?
nreslifer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading this thread for awhile,first thing I would do is get a trailer and get the car back now,today asap.Inform the local law enforcement why and when you"ll be there so he doesn't give you any crap.Over 7 years and all that money you should sue him too once you get the car back! After you have it back in your possesion then search for another place to have it completed,and spread the word about him so he doesn't sucker others.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jonandalyce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is we have paid him in FULL and I can't afford to lose $26,000! I had been saving for years to get my Bug restored. I offered to have an expert come and look at what he has accomplished and how much we "actually" have in it and for Brim to pay me in cash what he has not done. My feeling is he can Borrow whatever he needs to to make it right. However, he claims he doesnt have any money. Can't understand that....with as much as everyone has paid him over the years. What is he doing with all our money? 't have contacted an attorney and we have given him to the 9th of May...at which time we are going full steam ahead. He is suppose to be working on my bug day and night. I don't think he has touched it since we talked last week and filled me with promises. I would like to hear from others on how they resolved this issue. I hate to involve lawyers as it costs us and it is going to cost him! Why doesn't he just do what he promised!?????????
MiaGia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to nreslifer, go get your car now. There is nothing magical about May 9. Brim will not have your car ready by then. If he has not finished it in over 7 years, it is not going to be finished.
I gave him deadlines and threatened a lawsuit. It scared him enough to call me and tell me the car was finished. I begged him not to let me rent a trailer, take a day off and drive up there if the car was not done. He assured me it was done and he would be there when I arrived. Guess what? the car was not done and he didn't show up. He had a friend of his meet me there, and his friend didn't know where the keys were....and I had to return the trailer by a certain time. Go get your car, whatever condition it's in.
Make sure you get it back before you take him to court. If his doors are locked by the IRS or the EPA, or any other agency, your car could be stuck in there for a long time.
I feel terrible for the situation you (and others)are in.
Please go get your car and don't give him any more money, no matter what he promises.
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh. I've been following this thread for a while too. I really cannot wrap my head around giving someone $26,000 (much more in some posts!) to restore a car, a VW at that, and not seeing any progress. Not to mention doing so for the better part of a decade! It really just does not make sense to me, but then again, I am poor, so I can't really wrap my head around giving someone $26k for anything besides a house.
I am going to sound like a real asshole here, but if you have that kind of money to just throw away I cannot feel bad for you.
Jonandalyce- your money is gone. You are not going to get it back. Read this thread and you will see I am right. Others have had similar problems. The dude has spent/gambled/snorted/who-the-fuck-knows it all away. Can't get blood from a stone.
Get some bolt cutters, crow bars, and a crew together with a trailer and go down there and claim what's yours. Have the title and paperwork in hand. If dude isn't there break in and take it. Call the cops before hand if you want, they can't bust you for taking back your property. Let Brim know you are coming, send a certified letter if you have to.
He isn't going to finish the car or give you your money.
While you are there shoot video, take pictures, whatever, then send those onto the EPA, IRS, whoever.... and have him fined/shut down. He doesn't have permits or licences to do anything he is doing. That's the best you're gonna do as far as retribution. Lawyers are gonna cost you money and like I said, you aren't going to get anything out of him. Best you can do is put him in prison. Let the IRS sort him out. If you can get others on board and prove that you all paid him such-and-such an amount I bet the IRS will have no record of his "income."

I hope that bug is a split window cuz its gonna be a $40k car once it's done. Here's a list of places I can vouch for, that are licenced and WILL NOT SCREW YOU:

Stan's Classic Auto in Natick MA
Lein's Automotive in Somerville MA
John's Air Cooled in Winchendon MA

Here are some I've never done business with but are legit shops in New England:
401 Restos in RI (you can see from Skills' posts they do not F-around)
John's Car Corner- VT
Beetle Bug III in Hudson MA
Greg's VW repair in Natick MA
Air Cooled Auto Service in Hingham MA

Might be worth calling Eurocar Plus in Plaistow NH and see if they have any recommendations, they always have nice VWs for sale there.

Good Luck.

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROCKOROD71 wrote:
I am going to sound like a real asshole here, but if you have that kind of money to just throw away I cannot feel bad for you..

yea, that is assholy....

let's do some simple math, shall we?

26,000 over 7 years is 3,714.28 per year

let's go 1 step further....

divide that by 12 (months) and its 309.52/mo

or

77.38 per week

to have 26k stolen is just insane. I would have rearranged his face and kneecaps by now, but that's me.

sadly, (and I am going to sound like an asshole) I don't think anyone has the balls to pull the plug and go to the police etc. all talk, no action.

I have a customer of stanagon here. stanagon told (and I saw the text messages) this guy and I quote "I have more important customers to take care of now"

all he had to do was install a NEW engine. just put it in, and hit the key... Rolling Eyes he missed months of last season because of this.

and people wonder why the "hobby" is in the shitter. look at all the "professionals" around.

but people will bash buddy hale, tim scheller, cookers etc because they are "too expensive"

well, guess what people...it takes REAL MONEY TO RUN A REAL BUSINESS.

funny how "it's just a vw" when they get an estimate from a legit shop, but the minute some backyard thief hackjob motherfucker gets it all of a sudden the car becomes "real" and get's put on a pedestal and looses that "it's just a vw" stigma....

restoration is restoration is restoration....it doesn't matter if it is a bug, fiat, a Camaro etc.....it is all the same process. strip, sand, spray, $pend.

I feel bad for all parties involved, but unless you guys band together, it's going to just keep happening. man up, lick your wounds go get your shit bring him to the cleaners and make sure this guy get shut down for good.

this is like not reporting a rape because you're ashamed. just go do it. it only hurts for a minute after you rip the band aid off.

[email protected] wrote:

Jake Raby wrote:

Brian wrote:
ROCKOROD71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:

I have a customer of stanagon here. stanagon told (and I saw the text messages) this guy and I quote "I have more important customers to take care of now"

all he had to do was install a NEW engine. just put it in, and hit the key... Rolling Eyes he missed months of last season because of this.

Derrr....if all that had to be done was to "install" a new engine and hit the key, that could be accomplished with a Muir book, timing light, jack stands and a set of dollar store tools. Are you surprised that someone who is doing restoration work (welding, body, engine rebuilds...) and has a wait list told someone he has more important customers? Whats the context? Was the guy hounding him to instal the engine? I'm sure there's more to that story. If he had charged the guy a few hundred for the install they'd be bitching "c'mon its four bolts and hooking up wires!" Rolling Eyes

Anyhow I do agree with you about the rest, Skills. My comment on spending that kind of money on a bug stands. For $26k you can but a well-restored car (Or a brand new Ultima Edition!). Rarity or sentimental value might warrant it otherwise. Hell, My 71 bug is probably close to that number if not exceeding it over the course of 18 years, 2 engines, full body resto, and regular maintenence, but it also gets me to work everyday. Laughing Either way that 26k is gone, which is the real travesty here. I have no horse in this race but people should band together and get this guy out of the scene, sounds like there is no digging out of the hole he's in.
I know Tim=401 but how about listing the names of the other businesses you mentioned as an alternative for the posters who are getting screwed and hopefully will be retrieving their cars soon?

Cheers + good luck to all involved!

30 years from now, the next guy may not want your girlfriend, but he may want your classic car, depending on how nice you were to it.

asiab3 wrote:

Careful guys, a petulant child can grow up to be president these days.

**winter drivers: no survivors!**rust warrior**#keepbodyshopsbusy**
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: