Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

DJet ECU & MPS limitations vs displacement
Forum Index -> 411/412 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradself
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: DJet ECU & MPS limitations vs displacement Reply with quote

I suppose any 1.7 combo of efi parts, these are for a '73: MPS is 280 100 049, ECU is 022 906 021 EV, matching CHT sensor and TPS. How high can we go before switching over to the 2.0L 914 gear? Stock forged 2.0l pistons are pretty hard to find, JEs smallest build a 2056. 1.8 options are all dished except for nuts $$ racing pistons, 1.7 heads are museum pieces. So...
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your parts are already identical to the 2.0.....one of the best kept "un-secrets" of the 914, world. Laughing
The 049 tail number of your MPS marks it as a 2.0 914 part.....and.....it was identical to the E series that came in the 1.7L 412. Mine has both part #s. The ecu series that went with it is the E series you have.
The 2.0 had a different part # injector.....which was the same lbs per hour but could sustain a wider pulsewidth at top end.
The distributor used on both was the 905-205P and several other variants. The advance can or choice being the arm #917. It had adjustable advance with a screw. You can, use one of several bus cans and add the adjusting screw for just a few $. I can, l link you to pictures I have of how and where to get the steel insert.
all the rest of your parts are fine.

Tue 2.0 914 had larger diameter runners....which whould nit be too hard to find or you can, wtick with the 1.7s. In eithet case...go with a bus 2.0 plenum as the 914 2.0 plenum actually flows worse.
Check with AA.....you should be able to get very good 914 pistons and cylinders for cheap. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> 411/412 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: