Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

How do I get new posts listed first?
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
supersooner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: How do I get new posts listed first? Reply with quote

Okay, I've looked but I can't find how to make new posts appear first except at the bottom page of each topic.

I want all topics to list new pages first by default

I admit my density.
76 westy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way to do this by default for all topics.

If you are reading the Forums and want to see new posts when you login, it's best to click the little green icon next to the thread in the thread listing.
This jumps your browser to the newest post since you last logged in.

Usage example:
When I login, I go to the Split Bus Forum, and I hit Ctrl+Click next to the 20 new threads that have green icons.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Holding Ctrl tells the browser to open the link in a new tab. This opens all 20 updated threads in 20 new tabs in my web browser and all of them jump to the newest post. Then I go through each thread reading, closing each tab when I am done.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
supersooner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, not exactly what I wanted to do, but your hint will help a lot.
76 westy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnb11
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Newest Post First on Forum Postings Reply with quote

Is there anyway to set the Forum Posting Default to Newest Post First? I know as a Forum Moderator that feature is built into the Blog Software that is being used to host The Samba, all that is needed is to turn it on.

Its not really user friendly going to the bottom of each posted page and select newest post first, then go back to the top of the post. especially, when its a sticky and years in the making, the first reply that is listed is from years ago instead of days ago as Oldest Post First is the default setting for all the forums. Should be able to select either or for individual users.

Thanks
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Forum, at least this version, has no setting to make threads display as newest first.
I would not do this globally but for your own account I would not turn it off, if it was available.
It would be in your personal control panel if it was available.

The best thing to do is use the green markers to jump to the newest post in any older thread as I explained above.

Personal opinion but I'm not sure why you would want newest first, most threads with new posts have more than one new post so it would be weird to read the thread backwards.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: