Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Red Light Cameras ......... GONE!!!
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My daughter got a ticket for that. But it wasn't a still camera. This one took a movie of a line of cars doing the same thing. I went on line to watch her and two or three others, and there was no way you could deny what happened.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In denver there are quite a few automated ticketing schemes but seems they are easy to contest.
My brother got one from a speed trap driving to work early in the morning. They send you the picture with the ticket.
So I look at this picture and it IS his truck, but the driver is right in the middle of a yawn mouth fully open, is wearing a fuzzy winter coat, and his hair is sticking out all directions.

Not had coffee yet??

Se he wrights: "That's not me driving, possibly bigfoot." and sends it back

I think they dropped it.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiatdude wrote:
The city of Yucaipa installed one at the one main intersection here in town -- and after a year in service the revenue wasn't at the level to break even with the minimum fees charge by the company, so it was shut down and removed.....

I got a ticket mailed to me from this camera -- -- I had entered the intersection .002 second after it had went red -- went to court, and the supervising officer dismissed the charges without me even seeing the judge

I had my picture professionally taken too. .001 second after it went red. I went to court and had to pay $420.00, buy was given driving school so no points on my clean record. Cheaper than the increase I would have seen with my insurance company. What I was taught in driving school was that yellow lights are timed at one second for every ten mph of the posted speed limit. 30 mph posted = 3 seconds, and so on. The other eye opening thing was where the intersection official begains. Not at the painted line, but where the curb arc starts and ends as it goes around the corner.

FYI, all red light cameras in the city of San Diego were turned off Jan. 1, 2014. Applause

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>
.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

modok wrote:
In denver there are quite a few automated ticketing schemes but seems they are easy to contest.
My brother got one from a speed trap driving to work early in the morning. They send you the picture with the ticket.
So I look at this picture and it IS his truck, but the driver is right in the middle of a yawn mouth fully open, is wearing a fuzzy winter coat, and his hair is sticking out all directions.

Not had coffee yet??

Se he wrights: "That's not me driving, possibly bigfoot." and sends it back

I think they dropped it.

I wiwh it were that easy. In most areas I have lived with cameras....unless you report your vdhicle as stolen in advance of the picture date and time.....its yours and you are expected to have control over it whether its your daughter, son or your wife in it......someone at your household pays the bill.

It cannot count as license points because of this. Ray
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a red light ticket in Jersey City by our warehouse near route 440. Guy in front of my decides to put on left directional as we are in intersection and light turns red and I am stuck in no mans land as a car on the right of me was passing through. Wasn't going to fight it and lose a day of commission so just paid it. Hope they choked on my $$$$
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Snobsdale, AZ, Mrs. Cusser got zapped by photo radar while driving my truck on a street which was one lane each way at 35mph limit, then branched into two lanes each way separated by a median with limit of 25mph (deliberate speed trap, no reason for safety to drop to 25mph).

Since the truck was registered to me, I photocopied my driver license and sent back and said "it's not me", end of story, about 57 years ago.

The city "wants" you to rat on who the driver is, but the law here doesn't "require" that.

She got zapped in Paradise Valley AZ in a short 25mph stretch from a resort, the town didn't want to put in a traffic light, so dropped the speed limit for a short stretch to let drinking drivers (hopefully) enter the road safely. She went to driver school for that. Funny: that same road, in much worse and smaller one-lane condition in the 1970s, was 45 mph limit !!!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
thummmper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

save yourself 520.00 next time and do not respond to red light extortion in the mail--they need your consent to fine you--any letter that says "notice" is not a bill-- if they didn't get your signature at the scene, theres no charge.
you give them consent when you mail in a check. DO NOT RESPOND.
also, if you ever have to sign a ticket ever again, write "under duress" above your name and A.R. after your name--[authorized rep]
the cop will get mad but hes the one with the gun..if that isn't duress, then I don't know what is. writing under duress automatically voids the ticket, and they hate that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thummmper wrote:
writing under duress automatically voids the ticket, and they hate that.

I highly doubt that. Have you ever seen that trick actually work?
djkeev
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thummmper wrote:
save yourself 520.00 next time and do not respond to red light extortion in the mail--they need your consent to fine you--any letter that says "notice" is not a bill-- if they didn't get your signature at the scene, theres no charge.
you give them consent when you mail in a check. DO NOT RESPOND.
also, if you ever have to sign a ticket ever again, write "under duress" above your name and A.R. after your name--[authorized rep]
the cop will get mad but hes the one with the gun..if that isn't duress, then I don't know what is. writing under duress automatically voids the ticket, and they hate that.

Route 222 just South of I-78 in Allentown Pennsylvania was recently built as a divided four lane Highway. Looks for all the World like 65mph highway.

When it opened they posted a 35mph limit on it...... It was a cops speed trap wet dream! Like shooting fish in a barrel, that thing was trapped heavily.

After public outcry they did raise the limit to 45 but still............ In fairness it does have 2 or 3 traffic lights along it's length.

Dave

Ghia
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=392473

Vanagon
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6315537#6315537

Beetle
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=482968&highlight=74+super+vert
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djkeev wrote:

Route 222 just South of I-78 in Allentown Pennsylvania was recently built as a divided four lane Highway. Looks for all the World like 65mph highway.

When it opened they posted a 35mph limit on it...... It was a cops speed trap wet dream! Like shooting fish in a barrel, that thing was trapped heavily.

After public outcry they did raise the limit to 45 but still............ In fairness it does have 2 or 3 traffic lights along it's length.

Dave

This may be a California-specific regulation, but here the law is that the posted limit must be a value that is not exceeded by 85% of the motorists, with supporting survey data required. If they lack that, the ticket can be thrown out as a "speed trap" ticket.

See:
http://www.helpigotaticket.com/speed/stepbystep.html

A national website agrees with the logic, though the regulations may not apply everywhere:

"Traffic engineers maintain that speed limits should be established according to the 85th percentile of free flowing traffic. This means the limit should be set at a level at or under which 85 percent of people are driving. Numerous studies have shown that the 85th percentile is the safest possible level at which to set a speed limit."
JudoJeff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My small town has three traffic lights, in the summer months we eat ice cream and watch them change colors. If they added a camera, it'd stop traffic, we'd all be out in the road waving at it......
1986 Vanagon GL Westfalia Camper, Bostig Sold May 10, 2021
1999 Ford GTRV Westfalia camper (30% bigger Westy layout)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: