Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

International Shipping
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> International Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwfreek61
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an international inquiry on an engine I am selling and I'm trying to get an estimate for the cost. What's the best way to ship a type 4 engine from the US to the UK?
1987 Vanagon Westy w/Subaru EJ25 and reversed 4EAT
dutch1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok my first post on the Samba but I wanted to share my experience shipping a car from Long Beach to Rotterdam… I was looking for a early 60’s Vert for some years and done my homework related to forwarders to use, the objective was to buy a vehicle in California and find forwarders in Nor and Socal to save on transportation cost, so as start by contacting Joe (Classic Car Guy) who pointed me to HTX international, 949-285-0877 although they use high tech racking system to load cars there pricing is a little higher compared to others.

Based on the info provided in this post I also contacted West Cost Shipping in San Pablo and spoke with Steve O’Rourke who provided me all the details required, I also contacted California Shipping (Callship) in Stanton where I spoke to Inga and Britta. Both companies gave a reasonable $1200 quote to start with and provided good information.

After a couple of attempts to buy a vehicle online (since not everyone is willing to sell their car outside of the US) I found a very nice Vert in Lake Wood (Long Beach) in the summer of 2013. The seller was very cooperative and after a number of days we agreed on a price and the seller delivered the vehicle at Callship. Callship loaded the car and it left the dock about a week later, supplied me with all the information like vessel, estimated arrival and handling partner in Rotterdam. Total cost so far $1195, I opted not to insure the car.

2 weeks prior to arrival the handling partner in Rotterdam “Sellevis BV” send me a pre-arrival notification including all paperwork to fill in and return to them. Including clear specification of import handling cost (€385), customs entry charge (€85) plus a 5 day free inside storage. Only thing I had to do was pay and collect the car, all the above prices were including container, loading , unloading , port handling etc. no hidden cost.

Collection at Sellevis:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Regards,
Marcel
ritchiet002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked on ups and usps shipping to Australia for a treasure chest lock! They wanted $80 to $100. Seems excessive! Any suggestions?

From now on, I'm gonna connect the dots my own way!______________________________________
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ritchiet002 wrote:
I just checked on ups and usps shipping to Australia for a treasure chest lock! They wanted $80 to $100. Seems excessive! Any suggestions?

For USPS? Are you wrapping it in concrete? Very Happy There is no way it's that much money.

I guessed it's less than 2 lbs for that part.
I get about $25 for a 2 lb. package from me to Australia.
Even if it weighs more, that fits in an international small flat rate box for $24.75.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ritchiet002
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chose the "insured" option and put in 1.5lbs. The post office said that the price jumps when it is insured. It actually is only 13oz and will cost around $20 or less to ship Embarassed

I'm so conditioned to Hawaii shipping, I thought it was correct. I went to order a bed mat for my truck. Shipping to Seattle was free---Hawaii was $100 Shocked

update
The box and lock weighed 1lb and 1oz with insurance the total is $48
Maybe not packed in cement, but something similar!

From now on, I'm gonna connect the dots my own way!______________________________________
ASHBUG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: export a bus from mexico to uk Reply with quote

hi I was wondering if anyone had any experience of exporting from mexico to the uk?
Metamatic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: help needed with shipping small parts from Pheonix to Sweden Reply with quote

I'm currently doing a full restore on a VW beetle 1303 vert and found some window parts in the samba classifies. The seller won't ship to Sweden. Crying or Very sad

I am wondering if anyone here could help me out? Two vent window frames that I would like to have shipped to Sweden Europe.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: help needed with shipping small parts from Pheonix to Sw Reply with quote

Metamatic wrote:
I'm currently doing a full restore on a VW beetle 1303 vert and found some window parts in the samba classifies. The seller won't ship to Sweden. Crying or Very sad

I am wondering if anyone here could help me out? Two vent window frames that I would like to have shipped to Sweden Europe.

Just frames, no glass?

Email me...
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VintageWayne71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: International Shipping Reply with quote

I would like to import a beetle from Canada to UK & am in need of advice as I have never imported from outside of Europe.Any recommendations/advice as to shipping companies/agents etc would be greatfully appreciated.
Wayne
camfella04
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: International Shipping Reply with quote

Anybody ever import a motor from the US into Canada?
Can it simply be brought over the border as a "car part" as I have done with lots of other parts or is there a Canadian enviro reg in place?
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: International Shipping Reply with quote

im having my stones broken trying to have a project bus shipped from Canada to the US. None of the glass is on the bus. it is packed away and they want to know the thickness and total amount of glass. Crazy. now the seller has to unpack the bus as its one of the 1st things he packed away
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> International All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: